BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

Prop 3 does nothing to alleviate the butthurt from Wk 17 subjectivity. SO be prepared for that again. You can try and tell someone how to vote but it won't matter. It needs to be eliminated entirely.

That is not true.  I clearly laid out an objective method to resolve week 17 issues.

On 3/12/2019 at 4:12 PM, Ragnarok said:

Proposal 35 - 

A.  The regular season will begin during week 4 of the preseason and Thanksgiving will be a BDL bye week.

B.  If a player is active during week 16 of the NFL season but not week 17, they will be considered as active for week 17 of the BDL season.  If they are not active week 16 or week 17, then they will not be considered active for week 17 of the BDL season.  

Yes, this does raise the slight possibility that a player could tear an ACL or have another serious injury week 16 and still be active for a Bizzbowl, but I think that taking this strictly objective measure is much better than the subjective method we had last year.  

I hear the people bringing up a total revamp of the schedule, but would suggest these two moves for next season so we can see how they work out and if we need to take additional measures the following year.  

As a reminder, part B addresses the week 17 issues.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

For prop 3, anyone not on IR or PUP would be eligible.  There is a common sense element to it as well.  If AP or another vet player is practicing and going through training camp, but the team chooses not to risk them in preseason games, they'd be eligible.

Yes to Prop 3.

Just to clarify on what I proposed under Prop 3 here, so it's all in one place...

A.  The regular season will begin during week 4 of the preseason and Thanksgiving will be a BDL bye week. Anyone not on IR or PUP would be eligible in week 4.  

Sidenote - There is a common sense element to it as well.  If AP or another vet player is practicing and going through training camp, but the team chooses not to risk them in preseason games, they'd be eligible.

B.  If a player is active during week 16 of the NFL season but not week 17, they will be considered as active for week 17 of the BDL season.  If they are not active week 16 or week 17, then they will not be considered active for week 17 of the BDL season.  

Sidenote - This does raise the slight possibility that a player could tear an ACL or have another serious injury week 16 and still be active for a Bizzbowl, but I think that taking this strictly objective measure is much better than the subjective method we had last year.

Just now, TedLavie said:

I think the preseason game will be a hot mess.

If it is, and if my proposal doesn't resolve the underlying issues, then I'll be all for the move to a 12 or 13 game season in 2020.  

But I think we can all agree that we need to fix the Thanksgiving issue.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If it is, and if my proposal doesn't resolve the underlying issues, then I'll be all for the move to a 12 or 13 game season in 2020.  

But I think we can all agree that we need to fix the Thanksgiving issue.

Again, I think week 17 is a much bigger issue than Thanksgiving. Again, the regular season games don't matter, so I'd rather fix the issue on the Bizz Bowl than on a Thanksgiving game which, tbh, doesn't really matter

Archived