BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

7 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I think there's a big thing people are missing.

Currently, we're free to relocate evrywhere. If you're going to align geographically every time someone relocates, we're creating a dangerous precedent of "wow, that team is stacked, I'd rather play in Division X so I'll relocate to [insert random city or country]"

To me, if we're going to realign division on a geographic basis, we need to allow relocation only:

• when the geography makes sense
  • OR, when every party involved (teams that move + teams in the respective divisions) agrees unanimously

Or, we can just keep things light and fun and just don't care about geography alignment

This is true 

26 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Currently, we're free to relocate evrywhere. If you're going to align geographically every time someone relocates, we're creating a dangerous precedent of "wow, that team is stacked, I'd rather play in Division X so I'll relocate to [insert random city or country]"

To me, if we're going to realign division on a geographic basis, we need to allow relocation only:

• OR, when every party involved (teams that move + teams in the respective divisions) agrees unanimously

Or, we can just keep things light and fun and just don't care about geography alignment

When I made my move I stayed in my same geography area.

34 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

That is all a very fair point.  the restrictions, maybe add those as stipulations to an accepted realignment?

10 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Eh we've realigned about 1-2 times already. I used to be in the same division as Berlin when I was Rhein. It's only every 3-4 years or so.

Only when we expanded and then contracted if I remember well. You actually moved to Singapore for that I believe

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

For discussion only

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

While they're valid concerns I don't think a realignment every few years really hurts anything, in fact I might keep it fresh.

I think if you put a restriction on how often a team can move geographically and/or restrict future geographic moves (aka move to a city that makes sense in your division) I think you're fine. For example if you told me when moving Compton that I had to keep it on the West coast I'd be fine with that, or if I stuck it out with Orlando and needed to stay on the east coast. I don't think most people are that picky about location if there are those restrictions in place.

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

Eh we've realigned about 1-2 times already. I used to be in the same division as Berlin when I was Rhein. It's only every 3-4 years or so.

To confirm, there hasn't been a realignment since you guys came to FF. This would be year 3 here.

Archived