BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

Topic: 

16. Schedule realignment

Idea submitter: bcb

Current situation:

East: Gotham, Camden, Carolina, Williamsport

West: Anchorage (formerly Long Beach), Hungary (formerly Wichita), OKC, Louisiana

Pacific: Singapore, Portland, Seoul, Hawaii

Atlantic: Ivory Coast, Rome, Berlin, Cuba

Detailed idea:

Atlantic: Gotham, Camden, Carolina, Williamsport, Cuba

Mid and West: Anchorage (formerly Long Beach), Hungary (formerly Wichita), OKC, Louisiana, Portland, Williamsport

Pacific: Singapore, Portland, Seoul, Hawaii, Anchorage

Europe/Africa: Ivory Coast, Rome, Berlin, Cuba, Hungary (ex-Wichita)

Argument for : 

Align divisions geographically

Applicable on: Now

YES (7) - Lukic, SirA, Jlash, hockey, whicker, PR, Counselor

NO (2) - Ted, ww

Alright time to vote

@wwhickok @Whicker @BringinDaPain @PR @Counselor @WFLukic @Jlash @pheltzbahr @RuskieTitan @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @MD4L @SirA1 @Hockey5djh @SwoleXmad

15 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

New owners has always meant relocation and we have always been fine with that.

And I don't think current owners moving has been enough of an issue to necessitate a rule.  

15 hours ago, SirA1 said:

So what happens next year when we get 2 more new owners and they relocate messing up this year's realignment. Push it off again until 2022?

14 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm opposing any relocation restriction.  It's not a problem that needs to be fixed.  We need to let new owners choose where they want their team to be located.  And if you want to move after a few years, go for it.

If people start moving every offseason, then yes, we could have an issue.

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

It happens enough, real life gets in the way quite a bit/people get tired of BDL and move on.

Honestly thought we had a "1 relocation per year/owner change" rule thing somewhere.

Just to be clear, this is not a change to limit/prevent relocations. This is a change to move teams from a division to another because of relocations.

I think PR should be allowed to move to Hungary without MD4L having to change division against his will.

And yes, I'm with Rags, we shouldn't rule about that. If someone takes over Seoul next year and wants to move it to, say San Antonio, either the team located at most Western point (Anchorage) agrees to go the Pacific division or San Antonio stays in Pacific. That's how we should do this imho.

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Just to be clear, this is not a change to limit/prevent relocations. This is a change to move teams from a division to another because of relocations.

I think PR should be allowed to move to Hungary without MD4L having to change division against his will.

And yes, I'm with Rags, we shouldn't rule about that. If someone takes over Seoul next year and wants to move it to, say San Antonio, either the team located at most Western point (Anchorage) agrees to go the Pacific division or San Antonio stays in Pacific. That's how we should do this imho.

Realignment will again be an issue when someone leaves. 

16 minutes ago, MD4L said:

If we do accept realignment, I’ll just move my team next to “rebuilding” teams and move away when they trade for a great QB.

......and this is why I said we need to vote on either a geography restriction and/or a time limit on moves because MD4L is gonna be salty.

@TedLavie

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

......and this is why I said we need to vote on either a geography restriction and/or a time limit on moves because MD4L is gonna be salty.

@TedLavie

If you noticed my current division has Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. Cuba has a better chance being competitive with Gotham posting 10 word writeups twice a year.

Will never ever leave Cuba.

46 minutes ago, MD4L said:

If you noticed my current division has Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. Cuba has a better chance being competitive with Gotham posting 10 word writeups twice a year.

Will never ever leave Cuba.

Cuba is primed to lead that division in like 2 years when Brady and Brees retire and Luck doesn't have a shoulder left!!

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Cuba is primed to lead that division in like 2 years when Brady and Brees retire and Luck doesn't have a shoulder left!!

Just like how you traded for Russell Wilson, I want to win now.

Archived