Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

2 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I forgot who was talking about a dysfunction tax for this team to sign FAs but this is now exhibit A. Kinda lke the player, hate the contract. What’s the cap space at now 13 bucks?

I’m sure we’ll be cutting a few before this deal becomes official 

3 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I forgot who was talking about a dysfunction tax for this team to sign FAs but this is now exhibit A. Kinda lke the player, hate the contract. What’s the cap space at now 13 bucks?

That would be me.

This is a dysfunction tax-based contract combined with dysfunctional talent evaluation.

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Simply to afford this mistake, not to upgrade the talent at the position.

Huh? Collins is certainly an upgrade at the S positon 

And as far as I can tell we are going to cut guys like Brown, Mason Foster, McGee and possibly a few others anyways. 

That’s what I meant by cutting a few.

Dear God..........

Did we just sign Collins to a 6 year deal with AAV of $14m?

Yeah. Now that I've picked my jaw off the floor I shouldn't be so surprised. 

Remember when @Woz and I (and a few others) were saying that the teams with $100m in cap space were going to drive up the market on every FA?

Yeah. That's what's going on here. I guarantee there were other players with more space and to get our guy, we had to pay.

Dysfunction tax is real.

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Maybe like B Breeland and the receiver that ended up in Indy -- He'll fail the physical !!

Hope not, it’ll be nice to have a pro bowl safety again to go along with Kerrigan and maybe Allen or Payne that make the pro bowl too from our defense.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Dear God..........

Remember when @Woz and I (and a few others) were saying that the teams with $100m in cap space were going to drive up the market on every FA?

Yeah. That's what's going on here. I guarantee there were other players with more space and to get our guy, we had to pay.

Dysfunction tax is real.

I guess we should have seen this coming.  It checks all of Brice's boxes:

1.  Reasonably young for a FA. 

2.  Played for Alabama.

3. Played for a division opponent, so the casual fans should know his name and should sell jerseys/tickets.  

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Dear God..........

Dysfunction tax is real.

I’d rather pay $14 m for Landon Collins than $18 m for Zach Brown, Mason Foster & Stacy McGee next year.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Huh? Collins is certainly an upgrade at the S positon 

And as far as I can tell we are going to cut guys like Brown, Mason Foster, McGee and possibly a few others anyways. 

That’s what I meant by cutting a few.

Is his upgrade of talent above Swearinger worth the downgrade at multiple other positions that are going to require cuts to afford this debacle?

38 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I always thought the safety was "the LAST line of defense " ..:/

He's not the FS, he's the SS! The FS should be the one with the better coverage and ball handling skills. Collins should help the defense in its run game, blitzing, and tackling issues. 

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Dear God..........

Dysfunction tax is real.

Wait until you get to the guarantees ...

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hope not, it’ll be nice to have a pro bowl safety again to go along with Kerrigan and maybe Allen or Payne that make the pro bowl too from our defense.

He's a safety who cannot cover deep. He was cut by the Giants because they were switching to the 3-4 and he didn't fit that. Why is he going to improve the team?

Archived