Everything trades (Rumors and possibilities).

RaidersAreOne

I think when it’s all said and done Antonio Brown gets traded to the Raiders for pick 35. Raiders get a legit number one WR to put around Carr so they can see if he is the future. Raiders still have three first round picks which is why I think they can make this move. Pick 24 and 27 are both in that area where teams might be wanting to trade up to. Which Oakland could get back that second and more. Plus pick 4 could easily be traded for more picks if a WB needy team trades up. 

Personally I hate diva WRs. I want neither Brown or Odell on this team because of the type of internal headaches they are. 

But if we trade for one, Id rather trade for OBJ. #27 or 24 for Odell is better value then 35 for Brown. I wouldn't even trade a 3rd for Brown.

At least OBJ is still young and we could keep him for his prime years.

It's a trap with Brown. Old, entitled, diva. Still a talent, but not worth it. Man I hope Gruden doesn't fall for it again (Bryant for a 3rd).

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not a rumor... but something I saw proposed:

AZ trades Rosen to Oakland for 35 - drafts Murray

Oak trade Carr to Miami for 13

4 picks in round 1. Get younger and cheaper at QB and Rosen would be the #1 QB in this class.

I kindly wait the Rosen sucks crowd who will make every excuse for Carrs supporting cast and not realize that Rosen had it exponentially worse

Very interesting. I certainly don't consider myself part of the "Trade Carr" or "Carr Sucks" bandwagon. Nor do I have any particularly strong opinion about Rosen one way or another. He had some interesting potential for sure coming into the draft. He was my second rated QB after Baker. His first year is hard to evaluate because of AZ's talent level/coaching as you alluded to. So he's a as much of an question mark as an actual rookie imo.

I would probably do that. Not because I hate Carr or love Rosen. Mostly because this team is several years away from contenting. Swapping a salary cap draining contract for a rookie contract and gaining draft position is a nice gain. Maybe Rosen is a bust but the risk reward is worth it during a rebuild imo. I question whether Miami would make that trade however. But who knows

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

Personally I hate diva WRs. I want neither Brown or Odell on this team because of the type of internal headaches they are. 

But if we trade for one, Id rather trade for OBJ. #27 or 24 for Odell is better value then 35 for Brown. I wouldn't even trade a 3rd for Brown.

At least OBJ is still young and we could keep him for his prime years.

It's a trap with Brown. Old, entitled, diva. Still a talent, but not worth it. Man I hope Gruden doesn't fall for it again (Bryant for a 3rd).

This but I wouldn’t give up a first for obj. I’d only be willing to give a 3rd for brown or obj.

25 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Very interesting. I certainly don't consider myself part of the "Trade Carr" or "Carr Sucks" bandwagon. Nor do I have any particularly strong opinion about Rosen one way or another. He had some interesting potential for sure coming into the draft. He was my second rated QB after Baker. His first year is hard to evaluate because of AZ's talent level/coaching as you alluded to. So he's a as much of an question mark as an actual rookie imo.

I would probably do that. Not because I hate Carr or love Rosen. Mostly because this team is several years away from contenting. Swapping a salary cap draining contract for a rookie contract and gaining draft position is a nice gain. Maybe Rosen is a bust but the risk reward is worth it during a rebuild imo. I question whether Miami would make that trade however. But who knows

I am a firm believer that Carr deserves another year but also think this trade would make a lot of since.  If this did happen I would like to see us trade some picks for future draft picks.  Trading back with 24 or 27 for a second and a 2020 first for a team that wants to come up and get a QB in the first that slips.  I would do it with both picks.

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This but I wouldn’t give up a first for obj. I’d only be willing to give a 3rd for brown or obj.

All this talk about #35 for Brown is ridiculous. But given Gruden's recent trade history, I'm nervous. I wouldn't put it pass him to trade 35 and more for Brown. Man I can only hope he's not that foolish.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

4 picks in round 1. Get younger and cheaper at QB and Rosen would be the #1 QB in this class.

I kindly wait the Rosen sucks crowd who will make every excuse for Carrs supporting cast and not realize that Rosen had it exponentially worse

I like the concept, I liked Rosen last year as a prospect a d still thinks he has a bright future. Needs to get out of AZ though.

My question with this trade is how does Rosen fit in this offense? Gruden already talks about Carr needing to be more mobile. Is Rosen really going to be any different?? He's more statuesque then Carr.  

Other then that I would not mind that trade.

Max I trade for AB is a 4th Rounder. Max I trade for OBJ is pick #35. I'd be willing to give up more for OBJ if he wasn't such a diva. He's 5x more of a diva than Brown in my honest opinion. I feel OBJ throws a tantrum, for everyone to see, literally every football game. Of course, the Steelers/Giants would not accept this which is fine. This WR class is absolutely loaded all the way to the 3rd. Plus we are trying to get younger.

Rosen - I'm not willing to trade for him, I'd rather draft my own guy next year.

Carr - I would only trade him under these circumstances: We are on the clock at #4 with Haskins available (even though I'm not the biggest Haskins fan) and Miami offers us #13 (which I doubt they would, maybe a 15% chance).

Basically, no trades for me unless it's too good to be true.

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think rosen had a raw deal too. Poor kid never had a chance. 

As far as the AB trade goes, if it's pick 35, AB could be a stabilizing factor in Oakland on the field. His presence would provide 2-3 years (I'm assuming) of elite play and I think he will age very well based on his attributes/how he plays. He could easily play till he's in his late 30s, and continue to be a productive receiver. 

We have to see how the cap shakes out, but we could seriously be looking at Brown, Bell, and 3 1st rounders on defense, which to me is very exciting. Granted, it would hinge heavily on cap allocation, but this would set the offense up for years and allow us to invest into the youth movement on D, which I'm very much for.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think rosen had a raw deal too. Poor kid never had a chance. 

As far as the AB trade goes, if it's pick 35, AB could be a stabilizing factor in Oakland on the field. His presence would provide 2-3 years (I'm assuming) of elite play and I think he will age very well based on his attributes/how he plays. He could easily play till he's in his late 30s, and continue to be a productive receiver. 

We have to see how the cap shakes out, but we could seriously be looking at Brown, Bell, and 3 1st rounders on defense, which to me is very exciting. Granted, it would hinge heavily on cap allocation, but this would set the offense up for years and allow us to invest into the youth movement on D, which I'm very much for.

Interesting take. I suppose if we going into win-now mode, getting Brown, Bell, a FS like HaHa, and three first rounders on defense such as two pass rushing DE’s and a coverage/pass rush linebacker like Devin Bush would make us able to compete in 2019. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Interesting take. I suppose if we going into win-now mode, getting Brown, Bell, a FS like HaHa, and three first rounders on defense such as two pass rushing DE’s and a coverage/pass rush linebacker like Devin Bush would make us able to compete in 2019. 

I think it's a question of, how do you want to build this team. I think the answer is, it's somewhat cyclical. You invest in vets and phase players out as they age and contracts come up, while supplementing with the draft. Getting guys like Bell and Brown on O would allow you to focus most of your attention on D, seeing as the skill positions will mainly be accounted for. Then next year, we have 2 more 1sts, which can also be used on D, or perhaps on offense as well, depending on how things shake out.

I don't want Brown. But if I were in charge and did want him. I think if just offer swapping 2nd and 3rd round picks. Maybe a 5th or 6th if I needed to sweeten the pot. But I don't think I'd give 35 straight up.

5 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I don't want Brown. But if I were in charge and did want him. I think if just offer swapping 2nd and 3rd round picks. Maybe a 5th or 6th if I needed to sweeten the pot. But I don't think I'd give 35 straight up.

I like that idea as well. They get our 2nd and 6th and we get their 3rd. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I like that idea as well. They get our 2nd and 6th and we get their 3rd. 

I agree but unfortunately I think we need to prepare to be disappointed when we give up one of the 1st round picks. Just have a bad feeling in my gut. 

Archived