Mini TCMD - Discussion Thread

ny92mike

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

what are the time limits on the current otc picks. I have tried to be fair and wait, but when is enough enough?

40 minutes.

Remember guys the clock stops for no one.  Waiting just delays the mock.

20 minutes ago, mike23md said:

what are the time limits on the current otc picks. I have tried to be fair and wait, but when is enough enough?

When your pick is on the clock, it's totally legit to go ahead and make it. You don't need to wait for someone who is probably offline anyway.

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Damn it! Wanted to trade up for Savage. Good pick @CHOMP_CHOMP

Thanks. I thought long and hard about taking another EDGE player who I think has really good value right now. But I have nothing at the FS position and Savage is an instant starter in my opinion. If Justin Evans can play like the 2nd round pick we thought he was, then we have a decent safety combo for the first time in over a decade. 

Ive actually been pretty happy with the draft overall. I missed the boat on FA and wasn't prepared for how in depth and how much time this mock would take. So I was left to fill my roster and holes other ways. Missing on White in the 1st hurt quite a bit, as that was the plan at MLB. But Sweat is a good consolation prize, and I had a need on the EDGE anyway. Jacobs was pure value, but one I couldn't pass on. Arians does like to utilize his RB in the pass game, and Jacobs is a good fit for that. Gives us a legit threat in the back field. Edwards and Deiter are two of my personal favorites, who I just couldn't pass on at that point. Losing on Smith hurt me at OT, and Neshke is a stop gap at best. Edwards is best suited for the right side, but I think is athletic enough to play on the left if needed. In either case Dotson is on his last leg and Edwards is the heir apparent. Deiter is a plug and play starter at OG in my opinion and something Tampa needed badly. We don't have very much along the IOL and hopefully Deiter can come in and play at a high level. Overall pretty happy with the needs I have filled considering. lol

43 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Thanks. I thought long and hard about taking another EDGE player who I think has really good value right now. But I have nothing at the FS position and Savage is an instant starter in my opinion. If Justin Evans can play like the 2nd round pick we thought he was, then we have a decent safety combo for the first time in over a decade. 

Ive actually been pretty happy with the draft overall. I missed the boat on FA and wasn't prepared for how in depth and how much time this mock would take. So I was left to fill my roster and holes other ways. Missing on White in the 1st hurt quite a bit, as that was the plan at MLB. But Sweat is a good consolation prize, and I had a need on the EDGE anyway. Jacobs was pure value, but one I couldn't pass on. Arians does like to utilize his RB in the pass game, and Jacobs is a good fit for that. Gives us a legit threat in the back field. Edwards and Deiter are two of my personal favorites, who I just couldn't pass on at that point. Losing on Smith hurt me at OT, and Neshke is a stop gap at best. Edwards is best suited for the right side, but I think is athletic enough to play on the left if needed. In either case Dotson is on his last leg and Edwards is the heir apparent. Deiter is a plug and play starter at OG in my opinion and something Tampa needed badly. We don't have very much along the IOL and hopefully Deiter can come in and play at a high level. Overall pretty happy with the needs I have filled considering. lol

Yeah at 90 I really debated hard between Sanders and Savage. I was hoping I could draft one and trade back up for the other, but I couldn't pull it off. I kinda wish I went Savage because there is still an RB or 2 I would be happy with on the board but my Safety board is decimated.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah at 90 I really debated hard between Sanders and Savage. I was hoping I could draft one and trade back up for the other, but I couldn't pull it off. I kinda wish I went Savage because there is still an RB or 2 I would be happy with on the board but my Safety board is decimated.

Yea safety, especially pure FS are thin in this draft. Only a couple I really like honestly. Savage was the last one I felt really comfortable as a starter, and lord knows I need it bad lol. 

Archived