New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

15 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

So, how close is Joe Staley to being in the Hall of Fame? I dunno if he's there yet, but he appears to be close. I wouldn't be shocked to see Joe make a real push for the hall over the course of these next two seasons. He's still got it.

I don't know. Getting in as a T seems like a complete popularity contest. There's no real stat that can get you in. It's not like being top 5 all-time in yards or in TDs. All you can go on is probowls and all-pro selections. In other words, you have to be consistently recognized as one of the best. I don't know that Joe has been consistently been recognized as such. He had a slow start, then great years, then down years, and now he has the potential for a couple of good years. I don't think that's enough. I love Joe. I need more Joe in my life. But he's not a hall of famer, I think. 

I need the Joe Show to become a weekly 30 minute program. I need a Joe Podcast. Someone also needs to create joestaleyhilariousgifs.com.

14 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I don't know. Getting in as a T seems like a complete popularity contest. There's no real stat that can get you in. It's not like being top 5 all-time in yards or in TDs. All you can go on is probowls and all-pro selections. In other words, you have to be consistently recognized as one of the best.

He's got six pro-bowl selections right now. Say he adds two more. Is eight pro-bowl selections plus three 2nd team all-pro picks enough? Seems like there's a real chance he does get into the hall with that resume. I don't think Joe is in right now, but I do think that he could still get there.

1 hour ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

He's got six pro-bowl selections right now. Say he adds two more. Is eight pro-bowl selections plus three 2nd team all-pro picks enough? Seems like there's a real chance he does get into the hall with that resume. I don't think Joe is in right now, but I do think that he could still get there.

Yeah, but he has never really been discussed as the best. Had Joe Thomas not been this good this long, would people have talked about Staley more? I'm not sure. I never really saw him in the elite tier of LT. More like a very very good player, but a notch below the greats. We see how good he can be, because we watch him every game, but does he really have league-wide recognition?

On the other hand, he should be in the HoF for his celebrations alone. He's a legend.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Geek said:

@Forge @y2lamanaki

How do you hide spoilers in a post? Someone replied to me with "reveal hidden content" quote tree when you pressed it, it shows whatever spoilers they were hiding. I've spent 25 minutes trying to figure out how he did that.

I want to say it is ["spoiler"] & ["/spoiler"]. Just remove the quotation marks. 

I love to eat apples and bananas

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

@Forge Can you or anyone explain to me why Kelby Tomlinson isn't starting at 2b for the giants with panik out?

He doesn't do anything reasonably well. His average is okay sometimes,  but he still strikes out quite a bit (over 20% of the time) so it's not even like he's really great at putting the ball in play.  Has less power than a little leaguer, so even if he hits .280, it's pretty much all going to be singles. I think that he's had all of 25 extra base hits in his career.  No speed to speak of. Slightly above average with the glove, but it's largely replacement level type defense. He's a nice guy to have because he can play pretty much anywhere in the infield, but I have no issue with giving Hanson at bats at second in the meantime. There's just no upside with Tomlinson whatsoever (not that there's much with Hanson, but meh) 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I want to say it is ["spoiler"] & ["/spoiler"]. Just remove the quotation marks. 

Reveal hidden contents

I love to eat apples and bananas

I'm going to abuse this.

Inceptioning this b****