Jump to content
ohiogenius

Name Change

Recommended Posts

I just had a quick question. On the FAQ during forum transition it said 

I want to change my username, should I just register a new name? 
You should go through the transition first. All members who transition over will receive veteran status on the new forum and will have more privileges then new members. If possible, I may allow a one-time name change without the need to re-register a new account. Also, new registrations will be disabled during the transition. Registering a new name will delay your ability to post on the new forum. 

I was wondering if you were still open to doing the one time change or is that not an option anymore. 

Edited by ohiogenius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point in the future, I may allow veteran members a one-time name change without the need to re-register.  I'm still deciding on the best way to do this.   I will post more information when/if this option is available.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, Webmaster said:

At some point in the future, I may allow veteran members a one-time name change without the need to re-register.  I'm still deciding on the best way to do this.   I will post more information when/if this option is available.  

You can actually allow people to change their display names at will if their email is the same. I'd recommend doing something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scar988 said:

You can actually allow people to change their display names at will if their email is the same. I'd recommend doing something like that.

We’re aware. And do not want to head down that road due to potential issues with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, iPwn said:

We’re aware. And do not want to head down that road due to potential issues with that.

impersonations.

My wish list is that there could be some hard limit...like 1 name change per year.

Although, development might be complicated for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about you could use "likes" as currency?

For instance, a name change could cost 500 likes.

I know that idea is dumb. But it could help with gamification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 2:19 PM, MathMan said:

How about you could use "likes" as currency?

For instance, a name change could cost 500 likes.

I know that idea is dumb. But it could help with gamification.

I used to post on a site that did something like that. You'd get a buck for each post, 2 bucks for a new thread, a buck for voting in a poll or getting a vote in a poll you made etc. Obviously the staff would still be allowed to block a change of it may have malicious intents.  It's worth looking into

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:19 PM, MathMan said:

How about you could use "likes" as currency?

For instance, a name change could cost 500 likes.

I know that idea is dumb. But it could help with gamification.

 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, tribar said:

I used to post on a site that did something like that. You'd get a buck for each post, 2 bucks for a new thread, a buck for voting in a poll or getting a vote in a poll you made etc. Obviously the staff would still be allowed to block a change of it may have malicious intents.  It's worth looking into

So we start to flood the forum with posts and threads, emphasizing quantity over quality in order to acquire more "likes"? No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about you could use "likes" as currency?

For instance, a name change could cost 500 likes.

I know that idea is dumb. But it could help with gamification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SovereignNazgul said:

How about you could use "likes" as currency?

For instance, a name change could cost 500 likes.

I know that idea is dumb. But it could help with gamification.

how about you come up with your own ideas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MathMan said:

how about you come up with your own ideas!

Image result for this is america gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×