2019 Raider Depth Chart Thread

Humble_Beast

50 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I know alot of people are down on Parker and Hall, but it's only year 2. They both came to the program raw, they won't be on the hot seat until year 3 at the earliest 

I think we should definitely take a flier on PJ Hall. As I said earlier, he has flashed in the preseason and athletically he's one of the most gifted DT's in the league. Parker, on the other hand, can get cut and carried on the practice squad, he sucks. 

Looking back at that 2018 Draft, it already doesn't look pretty. 

1 - Kolton Miller: Jury is still out but he had one of the worst rookie seasons by an OT in NFL history. 

2 - PJ Hall: Didn't do much last season and is on the roster bubble entering tomorrow. 

3 - Brandon Parker: Looks like a bust and he's on the roster bubble entering tomorrow.

3 - Arden Key:  Flashed as a rookie and should be a rotational player this season. 

4 - Nick Nelson: Has gotten burnt and outplayed all preseason, he's likely getting cut tomorrow. 

5 - Mo Hurst: Diamond in the rough and should be one of our best players this season. 

5 - Johnny Townsend: Already cut. 

6 - Azeem Victory: Already cut. 

7 - Marcel Ateman: On the roster bubble and likely cut or on the PS this year. 

Maybe Cable can teach Parker something over the season. 

Flash back 

1) Hurst DT 

2) Kolton OT 

3) Key Edge 

4) Carlson K 

5) Hall DT

6) Sieg LS 

7) Ateman WR/ Parker T / Cabinda MLB

not the worst if you look at it that way 👀 

btw I’m sure Mayock was brough onboard to help Gruden 

51 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Maybe Cable can teach Parker something over the season. 

Flash back 

1) Hurst DT 

2) Kolton OT 

3) Key Edge 

4) Carlson K 

5) Hall DT

6) Sieg LS 

7) Ateman WR/ Parker T / Cabinda MLB

not the worst if you look at it that way 👀 

btw I’m sure Mayock was brough onboard to help Gruden 

Cable teaching an OL really? Anything to make another  list I guess.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I won't be surprised if Sharpe and Parker are both released tomorrow and we target a veteran OT on the waiver wire. Neither guy did enough in preseason to inspire confidence if Miller or Brown miss time this year. 

Yeah Parker is garbage, I wanted Orlando Brown so bad but people were worried about how fat he looked with his shirt off instead of how much he dominated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah Parker is garbage, I wanted Orlando Brown so bad but people were worried about how fat he looked with his shirt off instead of how much he dominated.

2018 was a painful draft to watch.  So many wasted picks and trades.

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Same. I wanted pj hall though just not in 2nd

13 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

2018 was a painful draft to watch.  So many wasted picks and trades.

I remember the group chat I was in during round one. I was so pissed when Minkah got picked right after we traded. I was so mad at the lack of return value. I was bummed when Vea got picked (though now that seems like nbd). I remember hoping like hell that at least one of Tremaine Edmunds or Derwin James would be available for us. I remember being stoked that both were. I remember being irate we picked Miller. I remember unfollowing the Raiders on every form of social media. What a round that was.

Seriously, I can't remember a first-round pick I wasn't disappointed with besides Mack. I really began following the Robert Gallery year and I was so mad we didn't get Fitzgerald instead. I wanted Rodgers over Fabian Washington. Huff, DMC, and DHB all made me really angry (though I wound up loving McFadden). Wasn't high on McClain but thought he'd work out at least. Loved Mack iirc. Wanted Big Cat over Cooper big time (still fun to think about). I loved Karl Joseph....as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I think everyone felt the same WTF way about DJ Hayden. Conley, I liked his game, but was mad about the allegations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I remember the group chat I was in during round one. I was so pissed when Minkah got picked right after we traded. I was so mad at the lack of return value. I was bummed when Vea got picked (though now that seems like nbd). I remember hoping like hell that at least one of Tremaine Edmunds or Derwin James would be available for us. I remember being stoked that both were. I remember being irate we picked Miller. I remember unfollowing the Raiders on every form of social media. What a round that was.

Seriously, I can't remember a first-round pick I wasn't disappointed with besides Mack. I really began following the Robert Gallery year and I was so mad we didn't get Fitzgerald instead. I wanted Rodgers over Fabian Washington. Huff, DMC, and DHB all made me really angry (though I wound up loving McFadden). Wasn't high on McClain but thought he'd work out at least. Loved Mack iirc. Wanted Big Cat over Cooper big time (still fun to think about). I loved Karl Joseph....as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I think everyone felt the same WTF way about DJ Hayden. Conley, I liked his game, but was mad about the allegations.

I think most here felt similar with those picks except for those that back the organization no matter what they do.  Joseph in the 2nd Ward in the 5th but we go 1 and 2. It seems like our team generally gets bad value with trades and picks.  It drives me crazy when people say if that is your guy then you take him.  Your guy, BPA, and positional value are all parts of the equation but it seems like since Al passed it has been our guy or panic most of the time.  The your guy argument applies to QBs and QBs only when ignoring all other factors.  If you went back to the Gallery/Fitzgerald draft and took your choice every year this team would look very different and probably better.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think most here felt similar with those picks except for those that back the organization no matter what they do.  Joseph in the 2nd Ward in the 5th but we go 1 and 2. It seems like our team generally gets bad value with trades and picks.  It drives me crazy when people say if that is your guy then you take him.  Your guy, BPA, and positional value are all parts of the equation but it seems like since Al passed it has been our guy or panic most of the time.  The your guy argument applies to QBs and QBs only when ignoring all other factors.  If you went back to the Gallery/Fitzgerald draft and took your choice every year this team would look very different and probably better.

I mean, maybe. But I have the luxury of the armchair like we all do. Gallery was well regarded too that year, I just wanted the flashy pick. But can you imagine if we picked Fitz and then got Rodgers?!

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Agreed with @Silver&Black88. Our first round picks have always been questionable to say the least. Even the "good" selections turned out bad or disappointing in some capacity.

I'm digging Mayock so far though. Ferrell is someone I liked but felt was a little rich, but Abram and Jacobs were good picks IMO. Mullen was also a little shaky, but I loved day 3.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm digging Mayock so far though. Ferrell is someone I liked but felt was a little rich, but Abram and Jacobs were good picks IMO. Mullen was also a little shaky, but I loved day 3.

I am fine with Mayock although I do think Ferrell was really early.  I would have done things differently but I can not complain to much.  They could have swung for the fences but instead chose to bunt and move the runner over.  Won't know how it plays out for a couple years.

• Like 1

My guess at the depth chart heading into week 1

Offense

QB: Carr | Glennon | Kizer

RB: Jacobs | Richard | Washington

FB: Ingold

WR: Brown | Nelson | Grant

WR: Williams | Renforw | Harris 

TE: Waller | Moreau | Carrier

LT: Miller | Sharpe

LG: Incognito* | Cooper

C: Hudson | Devey | James