Jump to content
Cheesehead430

Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What leverage did he use?   He had no leverage.   He kicked and screamed and became a distraction in an effort to force the Steelers to move him.

Im more upset they caved to a players acting like an idiot.      I already said I wouldnt care if they kept him, let him rot on the bench, and get nothing....rather than cave to his diva antics.   

Youve yet to make a single decent point on the matter, so its pretty silly to call out me not making a point when I clearly have.   Youre laughably insinuating that a player acting like an idiot to get what they want is a good thing....and its not.   THAT is my point.    

If he had no leverage, the Steelers would have gotten a better return or kept him. You can't rage at your GM for giving into Brown and then try to later claim that Brown had no leverage. Brown's leverage was his ability to refuse to play. The Steelers aren't stupid enough to let another guy rot on the bench instead of getting some compensation for him. Fans might be emotional and shortsighted enough to want that, though. xD

Edited by jrry32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Way to just conveniently leave out that he acted like a huge diva, caused numerous distractions and went on a social media tirade in an effort to force their hand.

But by all means, continuing ignoring facts just to push your flawed narrative.    

If none of those things involve breaking the law, go for it. Use what you got. The teams sure don't hesitate to do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If he had no leverage, the Steelers would have gotten a better return or kept him. You can't rage at your GM for giving into Brown and then try to later claim that Brown had no leverage. Brown's leverage was his ability to refuse to play. The Steelers aren't stupid enough to let another guy rot on the bench instead of getting some compensation for him. Fans might be emotional and shortsighted enough to want that, though. xD

He didn't have leverage, no more than any other player in the league. This wasn't a Bell situation where he sits and goes to free agency after a year, he had 3 years left on his contract and if he sits he still has 3 years left. He just became toxic enough that the team wanted to get rid of him. Anyone can do that. Fight with your teammates, call out your coaches, anyone can do that. The Raiders took him on because he is great at football but a very low percentage of players would have any value after what Brown did. This doesn't help anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He didn't have leverage, no more than any other player in the league. This wasn't a Bell situation where he sits and goes to free agency after a year, he had 3 years left on his contract and if he sits he still has 3 years left. He just became toxic enough that the team wanted to get rid of him. Anyone can do that. Fight with your teammates, call out your coaches, anyone can do that. The Raiders took him on because he is great at football but a very low percentage of players would have any value after what Brown did. This doesn't help anyone.

Wrong. If that were true, he'd be playing in Buffalo right now or for the Steelers or the Raiders would have given up more. Brown has a lot more leverage than the average player. He can credibly threaten to walk away. What he showed other top players is that they can get what they want if they're willing to take risks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with having to give Brown more money on a new contract, they still came out on top.

But can't believe they have the money for Brown, yet not Mack...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Wrong. If that were true, he'd be playing in Buffalo right now or for the Steelers or the Raiders would have given up more. Brown has a lot more leverage than the average player. He can credibly threaten to walk away. What he showed other top players is that they can get what they want if they're willing to take risks.

He showed them how to lower their trade value and become a poison to their own team. Yeah, you may get traded or released but he got more targets than anyone and was paid 31 million dollars last year, he wasn't being treated unfairly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Even with having to give Brown more money on a new contract, they still came out on top.

But can't believe they have the money for Brown, yet not Mack...

I hear you man, but see this:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Even with having to give Brown more money on a new contract, they still came out on top.

But can't believe they have the money for Brown, yet not Mack...

Brown - 50M/3y, 30M gtd.

Mack - 141M/6y, 90M gtd.

You really can't believe it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can still see Chucky wanting OBJ. Go back to the days of Rice and Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He showed them how to lower their trade value and become a poison to their own team. Yeah, you may get traded or released but he got more targets than anyone and was paid 31 million dollars last year, he wasn't being treated unfairly.

Yet, he wanted out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I can still see Chucky wanting OBJ. Go back to the days of Rice and Brown.

Actually, Leveon Bell would make more sense because they wouldn’t have to give up draft picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrry32 said:

Yet, he wanted out.

Because he is mental. Ben shouldn't call him out in the media but he couldn't have been a bigger baby about it. This all started because his QB said he ran a flat route. Then he went on a crazy spree. Made him undesirable to his team and killed his own value. He is not the poster boy for anything positive. Bell I can see, fight the tag. Brown just acted a fool for a couple years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He showed them how to lower their trade value and become a poison to their own team. Yeah, you may get traded or released but he got more targets than anyone and was paid 31 million dollars last year, he wasn't being treated unfairly.

Randy Moss to New England for a 4th round pick says hello. Brown has never led the league in targets in any season he's played (you can query for the various years). I'd concede that he's consistently in the top-5, but when you look at the target lists, a number of receivers are consistently high-volume targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, typecast said:

Brown - 50M/3y, 30M gtd.

Mack - 141M/6y, 90M gtd.

You really can't believe it?

Considering one of the rumors around Mack's trade was because of the Raiders lack of financial flexibility, yes, I'm surprised they can pay 16 mil per season for a 31 year old receiver instead of what was a 27 pass rusher in his prime roughly 23 mil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Considering one of the rumors around Mack's trade was because of the Raiders lack of financial flexibility, yes, I'm surprised they can pay 16 mil per season for a 31 year old receiver instead of what was a 27 pass rusher in his prime roughly 23 mil.

I think their issue was the upfront money for Mack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×