Mini TCMD - Free Agency Transactions / Discussion

ny92mike

The Cleveland Browns would like to introduce their free agent signings for the 3 round...

QB Josh McCown:

Image result for josh mccown browns

Josh McCown returns to Cleveland as the 3rd string QB and arguably the best 3rd string QB in the NFL.  Unlike most 3rd string QB's in the NFL, McCown has a ton of playing experience and can actually play effectively in a pinch if necessary.  McCown also acts as a coach on the bench and mentor for Baker Mayfield.  The Browns backup QB's may be old as dirt in NFL terms but you can't deny that they can't play still and keep a team afloat if Baker were to go down.

OT Andre Smith:

Image result for andre smith

Andre Smith provides the Browns with a backup OT which will be used on both the right and left side.  Smith has ample experience which allows him to step into the starting lineup if one of the starters were to go down. 

CB Phillip Gaines:

Image result for phillip gaines browns

Gaines returns to the Browns to provide depth to the secondary and play in dime packages.  Gaines is still relatively young at 27 and allows the Browns with some flexibility in the secondary.

Peace!!!

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

What are y'all thinking going that high on Brian Poole?

I am intrigued.

For me mostly because i have the money and he was pretty good last year. Would be a huge overpay but at this point who am i gonna spent my cap room on?

21 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

For me mostly because i have the money and he was pretty good last year. Would be a huge overpay but at this point who am i gonna spent my cap room on?

Your own players. Poole did not play well last year in the slot. 

23 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I am no Falcons fan. Thought he was a pretty good player but yeah his last season was not his best for sure.

I like him as a safety convert if he's cheap. But not worth the risk at a high price.

Archived