Mini TCMD - Free Agency Transactions / Discussion

ny92mike

Chargers are happy to finally win some bids. Got Thomas Davis who the Chargers actually signed, but for less. Got Ben Ijalana for OL depth, Jimmie Ward for cheaper than SF resigned him to probably play FS, and Matt Longacre as depth.

Now that we have our OLB / DE pass rushers (Clowney, Collins, Ejofor, Scarlett, Simon), Texans are lowering price on Mercilus.  Hit me up if interested in strong edge setter who can get after the QB and who is on relatively cheap contract. Also willing to consider 2020 picks.

ahhh darnit...i was banking on being the only one to notice Andrew Brown being released.  Should've bid more aggressively.  Basically like a free 5th round pick...who i liked as a 4th round sorta value last year.  Great savvy pickup by @samsel23, even at a million bucks.

Wasn't even in the ballpark on Phillip Gaines as CB depth.  I was looking to sign him as a 3rd string sorta budget guy because i loved him coming out of the draft...but i was like a million+ off on that bid.

Happy i landed Crowell as a solid RB2 who can be a serviceable RB1 when Fournette inevitably gets injured.  Glad i landed Omameh as a fringe starter at Guard...apparently only for the Jaguars and nobody else.  And a flyer contract on a gadget player in Tavon Austin to do...dynamic stuff, or whatever.

Should have went with my gut and put an offer in for Poole. Thought it was still a little too pricey for me so decided to wait another round but with the room i still had it should have just for it. Hoped i would be able to grab Sherman on the cheap but like other players earlier not really any suprise i didn't get him.

What are y'all thinking going that high on Brian Poole?

15 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Now that we have our OLB / DE pass rushers (Clowney, Collins, Ejofor, Scarlett, Simon), Texans are lowering price on Mercilus.  Hit me up if interested in strong edge setter who can get after the QB and who is on relatively cheap contract. Also willing to consider 2020 picks.

I am intrigued.

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Colts stocked up on average to below average receivers. But we needed them.

Chris Hogan 

Breshad Perriman

Jordan Matthews

Got a serviceable Nose in Peko if he doesn’t retire

And picked up a Fullback in Sherman

You still need a FB for da Bears?  I'll trade you my #2 guy.  He's actually pretty good maybe.

Archived