Mini TCMD - Free Agency Transactions / Discussion

ny92mike

I love Jordan Hicks as much as any Eagles fan but there is no way I'd pay him that much money. The guy just can't stay on the field. He has only had like 1 healthy season since his like sophomore year of college. He is great when he is actually out there though.

10 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Bryant is bit of a homer pick being a OSU fan, but if he can get healthy and that's a big if, and another big if that he doesn't retire.  He's the kind of player that could help out the receiving core.  I think Bryant and Odell with Sheppard in the slot and Evan Engram would make a solid group.

Kind sir there is only ONE OSU and that is Thee Ohio State University.  How dare you even imply that there is another.

On a side note, I'm actually shocked DEZ got a contract.  There are so many receivers that I feel deserve a contract before him due to his age and injury. 

Peace!!!

Bengals are happy to sign a legitimate OT. I paid up for Trent Brown and wasn't sure if I would get him or not. 

Guess I was bidding against myself for Foles but figured someone else would be interested.  I'd hoped to sign Jesse James as a blocking TE in a later round for a couple mil but my eyes popped out that he got over 9 mil per year in this. He's never been a starter in Pittsburgh. Golden Tate for 2.5 was a bargain. 

For the QB needy teams that are thinking about using a high pick on someone like Drew Lock or Daniel Jones, just trade for Dalton. He's relatively cheap, somewhere between average and above average (better than Roethlisberger last year according to PFF).  A mid 3rd gets it done and solves your most important position.

29 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals are happy to sign a legitimate OT. I paid up for Trent Brown and wasn't sure if I would get him or not. 

Im curious to see how he would do outside of NE. I know most Niners didnt speak too highly of him, however they didnt trash him either. NE has the GOAT o-line coach in Scar, so I worry his performance last year was due to great coaching and having TB12 getting balls out quick. 

Then again the T pool was shallow this year and if you needed to take a risk on a T he's the guy probably. 

30 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I know most Niners didnt speak too highly of him, however they didnt trash him either

I think most were at peace with what he did on the field. There was a decent contingent of guys who didn't understand the point of trading him. Was always a good pass blocker, always a terrible run blocker for us. The problem for most fans were the nagging injuries, but I think most of us knew that we could have had it a lot worse than Trent as our right tackle. 

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd hoped to sign Jesse James as a blocking TE in a later round for a couple mil but my eyes popped out that he got over 9 mil per year in this.

Same tbh.  Especially when i realized i was bidding against myself.  xD

I figured in the real world in a TE-starved FA crop, he's probably going to get at least an ASJ-type deal up somewhere around where his Expected APY was in this mock.  and expected there was gonna be some big inflation on contracts in this thing because of how much cap space seems to be floating around.  I was very wrong on James.  Ooops.

Oh well though.  Really only had the money to shoot one big shot, and that was it.  Wanted to make sure i landed him as imo the best TE on the market.  I just made way over-sure and spent a few million more than i should've.  Happy to have that spot locked down.  He'll be the best TE the Jaguars have had in...well, since back when Marcedes Lewis was still actually good.

Also, full disclosure...i tinkered and ratcheted up the price so many times psyching myself out, that i may have dyslexically bid a million more than i meant to. But that's neither here nor there, and it still would've been a big overpay.

Atlanta Falcons Round 1 haul:

matt-schaub-falcons-super-bowl-51.jpg

Bringing Matt Schaub back for less then he got in real life. Will be battling with Benkert to be the Back-up and bring his experience to the QB Room.

gettyimages-637503156.jpg?quality=90&w=6

Christian Covington is a pretty underrated guy in my eyes. Really great against the run and growing as a pass rusher. Will be our starting Big End for now who can slide inside on later downs. 

b4qay9yxlgvvh69lsriz

The third and last guy i actually got is Billy Turner. Turner is a versatile guy along the O-Line who can slide in at either G or RT. Penciled in at RT after the trades of Sambrailo and Schraeder but can easily end up at G.

Other two guys in bid on where mostly just low ball offers where i hoped they would fly under the radar and i would get them for an absolute steal. Not really suprising i didn't end up with either though.

Round 2 FA bids are starting to flow in today as the deadline approaches.

The league is active in this round of bidding with the current number of offers reaching over 100 again.  The % difference of a team bidding over the expected APY value to the actual amount being offered is considerably down from the last round, however, we're showing a higher percentage rate of team success rate of player's signing these new contracts, up from roughly 50% in the last round to 63%.

Expect things to change as we get closer to the deadline and the player's agents find a way to squeeze a little more out of the team, but as of right now things look good for most teams.

Archived