Mini TCMD - Free Agency Transactions / Discussion

ny92mike

This round of free agency was a lot of rolling the dice on players for the Cardinals

Margus Hunt will step in day 1 and take Rodney Gunter's place at the 3-4 DE spot. He posted a very respectable 71.4 grade on PFF last year, which will fit very nicely into our front 7. We don't anticipate him being a superstar, but he will absolutely be an important cog in our defense. 

EJ Gaines has obviously had a lot of health issues. But he comes into a situation where he likely isn't asked to start. We have Robert Alford and David Amerson in our defensive backfield as well, Gaines being brought in here is more as a wild card. At full health he's a very solid corner, and if we are able to get that, then we got an absolute bargain, if not, it's not going to hurt my cap situation at all given I only paid 1.2M for him

Jordan Mills brings depth to my offensive line. Lord knows after last year I need that. He's not a world breaker at all, but he can absolutely be an average tackle in the NFL. Having him being Gilbert and Humphries can certainly help most Cardinal fans sleep at night.

Frostee Rucker is one of my favorite Cardinals all time. Of course he's in the twilight of his career, but I'm happy to bring him back in as a rotation player with Hunt, Nkemdiche and Olsen Pierre.

Demaryius Thomas, I feel like I don't have to say much here. He's been very weak the past two years, but how much of that can be contributed to QB play? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm ready to find out. This gives me a receiving core of Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk Pharaoh Cooper and Demaryius Thomas with Charles Clay and Ricky Seals-Jones at tight end, with David Johnson out of the backfield. Kingsbury runs an air raid, I'm giving him weapons. 

Nick Bosa is the best player in the draft. Nick Bosa and Chandler Jones coming off the edge should strike fear into any defense, and Markus Golden is great depth too. I'm excited with the roster I've built

6 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

EJ Gaines has obviously had a lot of health issues. But he comes into a situation where he likely isn't asked to start. We have Robert Alford and David Amerson in our defensive backfield as well, Gaines being brought in here is more as a wild card. At full health he's a very solid corner, and if we are able to get that, then we got an absolute bargain, if not, it's not going to hurt my cap situation at all given I only paid 1.2M for him

Gaines is a very nice pickup if he fits your scheme. Unfortunately, he doesn't fit my scheme, so I didn't bid on him.

Well guess my deal for Billy Turner was actually a steal looking at what the Packers just gave him.

For round two:

920x920.jpg

Kayvon Webster is a pretty good corner that has had trouble staying healthy. Will be backing-up Trufant and Oliver in the hopes he can stay healthy and push those guys.

bears-ravens-football-ce017027eea67d9c.j

Maxx Williams will be TE #2 behind Austin Hooper. Good blocker that fits nicely in that TE2 role.

589464310.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

AJ Cann is the latest part of the interior O-line reshuffle. Will be battling for a place as one of the starting guards.

ereck-flowers.jpg?itok=Dd0kVqWe&c=97f023

And finally Ereck Flowers. Might have overpaid him but needed a RT. Was pretty bad with the Giants but then showed something else with the Jaguars. We hope he can show more of the latter and lock down that RT spot. Can always move Billy Turner or Matt Gono in that starting spot.

Round 2 The Chargers went after guys I liked as prospects who haven't really panned out (and Joyner who I figured if he didn't go round one might be a snipe target), I ended up only getting Stephone Anthony as I missed out on Jake Ryan, Bashaud Breeland, and Maxx Williams. I  still think Stephone Anthony is a rosterable player and at near vet minimum isn't an embarrassing signing. Would have ideally landed more of these targets since I was going for mid-late FA targets round two, but at least I've landed one guy each round (Danny Shelton, Stephone Anthony) on the cheap. After moving Melvin Ingram to open cap room (he was like 19mil this year) on a 30 year old who was one of the best players on the team, I feel like I'm messing the Chargers over a bit by not signing a big money deal so that Ingram's move makes more sense or trading for decently large starting guys so the money is allotted somewhere. On the other hand having around 40mil and getting some discount young guys and a young core, maybe we reload with top 5 cap space next year if Rivers retires. I prefer having my issues right now than having blown through mega cap and have an insane contract on the books in the future that is regrettable. Still would have been nice to land some more targets.

The Cleveland Browns are proud to announce their round 2 free agents:

Ryan Fitzpatrick:

Although Baker Mayfield looks like he is a franchise QB, even the best can get injured.  This is where Ryan Fitzpatrick comes in.  With new offensive coordinator Todd Monkey, Fitzpatrick is familiar with his offensive concepts and has been in the league long enough to adapt to any offensive system that Freddie Kitchens has as well.  If Mayfield were to get injured, the Browns feel confident that Fitzpatrick can keep the offense moving without any real mis-steps.  

LaMarcus Joyner:

Lamarcus Joyner has joined the Cleveland Browns and will be converted back to his original position of cornerback.  The Browns feel that adding Joyner to a secondary with Denzel Ward / Damarious Randall / Jabrill Peppers will add to the final piece to a potentially dangerous secondary puzzle.  Joyner provides versatility to the secondary and is comfortable in coverage and is not afraid to stick his nose in run support.

Chance Warmack:

Back up offensive line was a priority for the Cleveland Browns and Chance Warmack will be the primary back up for both Guard positions.  He has starting experience which is beneficial in case any of the starting Guards go down.  With Austin Corbett being a 2nd year player, not having any starting experience, and being thrust into Kevin Zeitlers old starting spot, Warmack will also act as an insurance policy if Corbett falls on his face.

Austin Serafin-Jenkins:

Austin Serafin-Jenkins was signed by the Cleveland Browns to be a perfect compliment for David Njoku.  He will be the jelly to Njoku's peanut butter, the tango to Njoku's Cash, you get the point (I hope).  The Serafin-Jenkins signing allows the Browns to be versatile in their offensive formations.  They can both be on the field in running formations and are versitile enough as pass catchers to give LB's and safeties fits.  The addition of Serafin-Jenkins improves the TE position immensly for the Browns.

Peace!!!

3 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

The Cleveland Browns are proud to announce their round 2 free agents:

Ryan Fitzpatrick:

Although Baker Mayfield looks like he is a franchise QB, even the best can get injured.  This is where Ryan Fitzpatrick comes in.  With new offensive coordinator Todd Monkey, Fitzpatrick is familiar with his offensive concepts and has been in the league long enough to adapt to any offensive system that Freddie Kitchens has as well.  If Mayfield were to get injured, the Browns feel confident that Fitzpatrick can keep the offense moving without any real mis-steps.  

LaMarcus Joyner:

Lamarcus Joyner has joined the Cleveland Browns and will be converted back to his original position of cornerback.  The Browns feel that adding Joyner to a secondary with Denzel Ward / Damarious Randall / Jabrill Peppers will add to the final piece to a potentially dangerous secondary puzzle.  Joyner provides versatility to the secondary and is comfortable in coverage and is not afraid to stick his nose in run support.

Chance Warmack:

Back up offensive line was a priority for the Cleveland Browns and Chance Warmack will be the primary back up for both Guard positions.  He has starting experience which is beneficial in case any of the starting Guards go down.  With Austin Corbett being a 2nd year player, not having any starting experience, and being thrust into Kevin Zeitlers old starting spot, Warmack will also act as an insurance policy if Corbett falls on his face.

Austin Serafin-Jenkins:

Austin Serafin-Jenkins was signed by the Cleveland Browns to be a perfect compliment for David Njoku.  He will be the jelly to Njoku's peanut butter, the tango to Njoku's Cash, you get the point (I hope).  The Serafin-Jenkins signing allows the Browns to be versatile in their offensive formations.  They can both be on the field in running formations and are versitile enough as pass catchers to give LB's and safeties fits.  The addition of Serafin-Jenkins improves the TE position immensly for the Browns.

Peace!!!

Chance Warmack isn’t bad.....he’s just dreadful lol 

WED, March 13th @ 9PM

• NFL DRAFT STARTS

• The first pick of the day starts at 10am EST. The last pick of the day ends at 10pm EST.

• Every pick will be allotted a 40 minute time slot to make your selection.

• Round 3 - FA Bids must be completed

• 20% APY decrease

• Results will be announced shortly after

Remember tie bids will be decided by the bid # you use.  Bid 1 is the highest priority Bid 5 the lowest.

@LuckyNumber11

@Justone2

@DTMW78

@NickChowaniec

@BowserBroncos

@sparky151

@cortes02

@D82

@winitall

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@Tugboat

@samsel23

@Trojan

@jrry32

@mountainpd

@Deadpulse

@Dome

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@Cbrunn

@Forge

@IrishHooligan00

@CHOMP_CHOMP

@mike23md

FA news

Current the total number of bids made is just shy of 100 but I expect that to go up by this evening as there are still a few teams that have not entered into this round of bidding just yet.

If things stay the same, which I don't think they will but if they do the success rate of landing your player is almost 80%.  This typically happens as we move through the free agency bidding rounds but typically not this early.  Teams are able to fill their rosters effectively using this system of being able to bid on any UFA that most of the holes are filled and teams start to focus more on depth that fit their scheme allowing for a higher success rate.

More news to follow this evening.

Good luck.

20 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

FA news

Current the total number of bids made is just shy of 100 but I expect that to go up by this evening as there are still a few teams that have not entered into this round of bidding just yet.

If things stay the same, which I don't think they will but if they do the success rate of landing your player is almost 80%.  This typically happens as we move through the free agency bidding rounds but typically not this early.  Teams are able to fill their rosters effectively using this system of being able to bid on any UFA that most of the holes are filled and teams start to focus more on depth that fit their scheme allowing for a higher success rate.

More news to follow this evening.

Good luck.

@ny92mike

Did you look at the GB free agency bidding sheet, their are a few rows where the formulas are missing?

5 bids per round would increase the number of players awarded through 2 rounds I would guess.

Just now, squire12 said:

@ny92mike

Did you look at the GB free agency bidding sheet, their are a few rows where the formulas are missing?

5 bids per round would increase the number of players awarded through 2 rounds I would guess.

No but ill check it out in just a few minutes.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ny92mike

Fixed, really not sure why it happened but it's fixed.

FA News

There are 7 teams that have yet to enter this round of bidding, yet there is over 100+ active bids in this round.  On average, 25% of the bids you've offered will be outbid by another team, so if you think you're bid might be coming in short, you might wanna reach a little deeper in those pockets.  75% success rate isn't too bad at all.

61 of the bids are bidding against themselves.

While there is 4 or more teams targeting 2 players.

Exciting stuff!

FA News

3 teams just jumped in the race, increasing the total number of bids to 114, make that 115.

Percentages haven't changed much as the bidding is still giving you a average 75% success rate of landing your players.

got about 30 minutes left.

Archived