Mini TCMD - Free Agency Transactions / Discussion

ny92mike

For the Jaguars...Think i made up for my huge unnecessary overspend embarrassment Rnd1 on Jesse James, by somehow getting Tyler Kroft on a cheapskate flyer bid for like a third of what he's apparently signing for in the real world.  So if i average my two TEs, brings everything nicely in line on value.  :/  Pretty happy to have gone from no NFL caliber TEs, to a pair of them.

Also find it genuinely hilarious that there was actually a nail-biting bidding war for FB Tommy Bahamas with me in round 2.  @BowserBroncos , I'll trade you my other FB if you want.  xD

Not surprised i didn't land AJ Cann, kinda lowballed it...but was kinda surprised how far off i was and how many bids there were.  Thought he might just kinda fly under the radar.

The Ereck Flowers interest totally shocked me though.  Multiple big bids on him from the looks of it?  I was thinking i'd maybe try to bring him back for cheap in the later rounds once his APY had sunk down to depth player levels.  But clearly that's not going to happen.  Falcons just went whole hog raiding my Jaguars OLine free agent spare parts bin eh?

Lions acquisitions through 2 rounds:

WR Golden Tate-$2.5 million

WR Jamison Crowder-$3.25 million

RB CJ Anderson-$2.5 million

Total Spent: $8.25 million.  

I feel pretty good about the start of FA even though I've only landed 3 guys.  The value has definitely been there IMO.

Bengals went 5 for 5 this round. We got Jared Cook to start at TE, Dontrelle Inman to be WR4, Jason McCourty to be CB4, and a couple of LBs in Manti Teo and Jake Ryan to bump Brandon Bell and Hardy Nickerson off the roster. We're probably done in free agency unless we see excellent value. 

30 minutes ago, winitall said:

Lions acquisitions through 2 rounds:

WR Golden Tate-$2.5 million

WR Jamison Crowder-$3.25 million

RB CJ Anderson-$2.5 million

Total Spent: $8.25 million.  

I feel pretty good about the start of FA even though I've only landed 3 guys.  The value has definitely been there IMO.

Yeah.  That's sniping off some pretty slick value deals for sure.

Round 2 FA players have been added to the official team rosters.

APY values have decreased another 10% making values at 80% of their initial value, for round 3.

WED, March 13th @ 9PM

• NFL DRAFT STARTS

• The first pick of the day starts at 10am EST. The last pick of the day ends at 10pm EST.

• Every pick will be allotted a 40 minute time slot to make your selection.

• Round 3 - FA Bids must be completed

• 20% APY decrease

• Results will be announced shortly after

@LuckyNumber11

@Justone2

@DTMW78

@NickChowaniec

@BowserBroncos

@sparky151

@cortes02

@D82

@winitall

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@Tugboat

@samsel23

@Trojan

@jrry32

@mountainpd

@Deadpulse

@Dome

@KingOfTheDot

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC

@Cbrunn

@Forge

@IrishHooligan00

@CHOMP_CHOMP

@mike23md

21 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Eh, my view is that cap space doesn't make plays.  Money is a means to an end. It may be well spent or foolishly spent but it should be spent to improve your team.

I guess it depends on the guys you need to keep. I won't go out and blow a bunch of money right now because I have guys I need to retain in the near future.

Certainly, extending players you want to keep is a valid use for the money.  The way I look at it is Foles cost me what Dalton+Burfict cost. I prefer Foles to Dalton and don't expect Burfict to stay healthy.  So we bid high for Foles and signed some LBs.  We also extended AJ Green and would have extended Tyler Boyd and William Jackson if those were allowed but they're not. So we'll be about 10-15 mil under the cap going into the season. 

Archived