Sign in to follow this  
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2019 Free Agency V2

3 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Kind of confused why penn hasn’t been cut yet. Anyone think we actually keep him around? 

Jj nelson should mean seth gone and sign de

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Not saying it is going to happen, but Z. Brown is still on the market.  Same with J. Houston

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Or maybe it's just that he's not really any good? 

Golden I agree, maybe he was referring to Shaq who just signed for $5M. I would have loved him for that.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Or maybe it's just that he's not really any good? 

I don't think we wanted to pay an edge $5M that has 2.5 sacks over the past two seasons.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Golden I agree, maybe he was referring to Shaq who just signed for $5M. I would have loved him for that.

Isn't Shaq more of a LB? I don't think he could hold up as a full time DE.

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Only having one DE on the roster is not a reason to sign any specific guy.  Everyone knows we need multiple.

We are all guilty of it, but so many assumptions are made about making moves or not making moves.

Let’s sign Brown and address pass rush in draft. We can get two guys in the first four picks to rush the paser. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

It's not like there were any great free agent available on the defensive side. All the good pass rushers predictably were re-signed or franchise tagged. There were no good linebackers without paying ridiculous amounts. 

Getting a AB Per mayok changed the approach to free agency. Did Ifans was always going to need to be built through the draft, No other way around it

Exactly. We weren't going to get an elite edge player for a 3rd and 5th round pick. All of the good edge players were either tagged or resigned. Kwon Alexander got $50M+ in free agency after tearing his ACL in week 7 and having an average year before that. 

We basically traded Osemele and Penn for Trent Brown too. Vic Tafur said before the offseason started that we'd likely go offense heavy in FA and defense heavy in the draft.