Vikings Anthony Barr decided to sign back with Vikings instead of jets

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I guess Vikes fan who said he’s ok not great will have to take back their words.

Tough break for the Jets. A few edge guys signed after Barr committed to the Jets. Now only Houston is left.

He's good but not great.

Honestly, I'm surprised this all happened. I'd rather have him though than Za'Darius Smith or Trey Flowers and try to force them into a different role.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think I'd rather roll with Sam Darnold than Kirk Cousins moving forward...

You really should run the Packers organization. I'd enjoy watching that greatly.

I think Barr made a good choice. He gets to play for a team he's been with a while and should challenge Chicago for the division title this season.

It's not that outrageous. A 21 year old top 3 pick locked up for four more years or a proven average starting QB making 30 million/year fully guaranteed for the next two. The guy making 30 million is also anti-clutch.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's good but not great.

Honestly, I'm surprised this all happened. I'd rather have him though than Za'Darius Smith or Trey Flowers and try to force them into a different role.

The irony here is hilarious when we are discussing the miscast career of Anthony Barr, solely on the shoulders of the Vikings franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

The irony here is hilarious when we are discussing the miscast career of Anthony Barr, solely on the shoulders of the Vikings franchise. 

I’d say that 4 pro bowls would indicate that Anthony Barr has had a pretty good career so far.

55 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

He's not miscast though. He's been very good at what he's done in the NFL and to assume he'd be better in the 3-4 at the next level is unfounded.

Cool strawman though!

19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You really should run the Packers organization. I'd enjoy watching that greatly.

I think Barr made a good choice. He gets to play for a team he's been with a while and should challenge Chicago for the division title this season.

A rookie QB who has 3 years on a cost-controlled rookie QB contract or a 30 year old QB whose due $60M over the next two years fully guaranteed.   Not a crazy concept.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

A rookie QB who has 3 years on a cost-controlled rookie QB contract or a 30 year old QB whose due $60M over the next two years fully guaranteed.   Not a crazy concept.

And if he wants to be on a good team?

Time will tell if last year was a fluke or not but right now most of the team that went 13-3 is still here. 

1 minute ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

And if he wants to be on a good team?

Time will tell if last year was a fluke or not but right now most of the team that went 13-3 is still here. 

Again, if you want to pay an OBLB like an EDGE rusher, go right ahead.  But Barr isn't an elite LB like Luke Kuechly, so file this under the poor decisions by a FO.

Archived