49ers Trade 2020 2nd Rounder For Dee Ford

J-ALL-DAY

Not too bad. I'd still take Bosa at 2 as I mentioned in another topic but the secondary needs some serious upgrades still. Hopefully some of that can be done through the draft, not that I have a lot of faith in the org to make that happen

If we get Griffen though, I get seriously concerned about the prospect of drafting Bosa. But then again, they Griffen/Thomas/Ford could all rotate in and out on specific packages..all could be relatively multiple. 

1 minute ago, typecast said:

Breer misspelt Quinnen Williams.

While I still acknowledge it's a possibility, I think it's far less likely than Bosa if the latter is there at 2. Of course, Williams could go number one.

Also, side note, think it's be very difficult for a one tech to win droy even on that line

1 minute ago, John232 said:

If we get Griffen though, I get seriously concerned about the prospect of drafting Bosa. But then again, they Griffen/Thomas/Ford could all rotate in and out on specific packages..all could be relatively multiple. 

I think the Griffen thing is dead. It was a minor rumor that was never even reported by it own beat writers. 

Just now, Forge said:

While I still acknowledge it's a possibility, I think it's far less likely than Bosa if the latter is there at 2. Of course, Williams could go number one.

Also, side note, think it's be very difficult for a one tech to win droy even on that line

This would really be the best case for us; take the decision out of our hands.

49ers acquire DE/OLB Dee Ford from Chiefs for 2020 2nd-round pick 
You can tell if a new coach is going to succeed if he prioritizes players over scheme, rather than the opposite. There has been an extensive history of coaches failing when they try to install their own system and have to get rid of talented players to accommodate that strategy. 

Steve Spagnuolo appears to be guilty of this. While the Chiefs didn't have a good defense last year, they still had a few stellar players on that side of the ball in Dee Ford and Justin Houston. Both are obvious fits for the 3-4, but neither translates to the 4-3. Thus, the Chiefs cut Houston before trading Ford. I can understand getting rid of Houston for financial reasons, but dealing Ford, a rising edge rusher with a bright future, seems like a huge mistake. 

The 2020 NFL Draft class figures to be loaded, but only getting a second-round pick a year from now doesn't seem like enough compensation for Ford. The 49ers, meanwhile, are getting a dynamic edge player that they've sorely needed for a long time. San Francisco clearly won this trade. 

Grade for 49ers - A 
Grade for Chiefs - C- 

Walter hasn't liked something we have done since like 2012 lol

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

Take Allen and play him at Sam 

I still want Justin Houston 

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

Take Allen and play him at Sam 

I still want Justin Houston 

You guys are FAR too enamored with the SAM position and overthinking it. In the nickel we will have Bosa/Allen, Buckner, Thomas Ford. 

Archived