Titans trade for Tannehill

dtait93

40 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Newest Titans fan.

lauren-tannehill-football-photoshoot-hei

Jon: Hey we wanna trade for Ryan Tannehill and his wife.

Dolphins: Uhhh... We can technically only trade you Ryan.

Jon: But his wife is coming with him right?

Dolphins: Uhh... I'd assume so?

Jon: Perfect... Let's make this deal happen!

Good deal. 

Tannehill is a guy I thought the team would be interested in, if they wanted to pass on Marcus going forward. 

I think this gives us the best backup situation we have had since O'Donnell. 

Gives us a true QB that we can win with. I love that Robinson has truly seen the weaknesses and addressed them with players. 

Gives a lot of freedom in the draft and gives me more confidence that he will look for the right positions in the draft. 

Also gives us as a forum some mental credit that we felt we needed to upgrade the backup QB spot and guards. 

13 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

So 4th rd pick for a 1 year rental back up QB. Im very meh about this. I guess he might be an ok back up

He’s easily the best backup in football. Only one close is Teddy. A pick in the future is worth one round less. We got a sixth. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

He’s easily the best backup in football. Only one close is Teddy. A pick in the future is worth one round less. We got a sixth. 

Paid a 4th rounder next year. Hopefully it will be a low 4th. And we got a 6th. And the dolphins paid a good chunk of the money?

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

And... if he leaves via FA... and gets a decent sized deal... he counts towards comp pick calculations.  So we could get a pick back in '21 to help offset that 4th in '20 (which the move from the 7th to the 6th in '19 already already helped some). 

And to pay him just a $2M base (if the Schefter reports are true)...

This move may not be necessary (we're hoping beyond hope that Mariota plays the full season)... but this may be JRob's best move of his career.  Low-key... when's you take all compensation into account... it's a really really good move.

8 minutes ago, TitanTuff said:

This trade makes me happier over time. We have the best back up QB. 

It’s kind of wierd to say but I really think it’s the best FA move made so far for our team. Just shows how committed JROB is to winning this next year — and how smart he is to realize Marcus is likely going to get hurt at some point and Tannehill can step right in and our offense won’t miss a beat. Love it, love it, love it.

Archived