Bears sign WR Marvin Hall

WindyCity

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

At worst a camp body. Don't know much about him, but I'd rather take a cheap flier on him than trade for Ross if we are looking for speed. 

He was the Falcons primary return guy last season. 

He has actually played at the NFL level. He has 200+ yards and 2 TDS as well as 30+ kick returns.

Not sure why people are talking about his college production and why he is in the NFL he is one of the Falcons top special teamers.

He is Bellamy’s replacement. Special teams and a little sprinkle of speed on offense.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

He fits the criteria of a 5th or 6th WR.

He has an elite skill and produces on special teams.

I am not sure who I see taking the 6th WR spot?

Gunner/KOR/#6WR makes sense.  Any rookie UDFA who manages to make an NFL roster appear in 16 games and contribute has something to offer other than his 4.28/40.  Basically a no risk signing much like John Franklin III was last year but Hall actually has NFL experience vs PS only.

If we dug deep enough we could probably find a threat about Taylor Gabriel just like this...the odds are long he makes it but with decent size and obvious wheels why can he develop into something decent?...doesn't need to be a star...just play a role. 

9 hours ago, soulman said:

Gunner/KOR/#6WR makes sense.  Any rookie UDFA who manages to make an NFL roster appear in 16 games and contribute has something to offer other than his 4.28/40.  Basically a no risk signing much like John Franklin III was last year but Hall actually has NFL experience vs PS only.

It also means that, with limited picks, Pace doesn't have to worry much about WR in the draft. If someone falls to him, fine, otherwise forget about it. 

Archived