DE Robert Quinn acquired for 2020 6th Round Pick

Matts4313

Robert Quinns sack totals and where he would have ranked on our team that year.

2018 MIA 6.5 (2nd)

2017 LA 8.5 (2nd)

2016 LA 4.0 (4th T)

2015 LA 5.0 (3rd T)

2014 LA 10.5 (1st)

2013 LA 19.0 (1st)

2012 LA 10.5 (3rd)

2011 LA 5.0 (3rd)

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Depends if the earlier reports I seen on it being a 2020 pick are true. I could see it being a 3rd rd pick pretty easily then. Would be ok with that. For this year, a 4th feels about right

If it's a future pick I'll be a little more lenient. I'm okayyyyy with a 4th. Would rather a 5th. A future 3rd = a 4th this year so I'm okayyyy with that.

A future 4th? Perfect. 

The 4th round is a sweet spot because normally there is a comp pick close by.

"The New Orleans Saints met with Miami Dolphins pass rusher Robert Quinn on March 25, and before that Quinn visited the Dallas Cowboys. He’s a big name on the trading market, and the Dolphins are allowing him to visit interested teams to drum up more interest. But plans may have hit a snag after he toured the Cowboys’ facilities. Per Calvin Watkins of the Athletic, the Cowboys’ medical staff raised red flags on how long Quinn can continue to play: The Dolphins allowed Quinn to visit The Star in Frisco last week, with the hopes of securing a trade. Quinn had two issues going against him: He suffered from back issues in the 2018 season, and his 2019 base salary of $11.1 million limited trade interest. A source said the Cowboys’ doctors gave Quinn a 3-grade, which means he passed his physical but the staff was concerned about his long-term health. Quinn has a history of upper body injuries, having missed 17 games from 2015-2016 before playing 31 of 32 in the last two years with Miami. There’s no immediate concern, but it would make the Saints and Cowboys leery of handing the 29-year old any sizable contract extension, should they trade for him. "

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/28/saints-dolphins-cowboys-robert-quinn-injury-trade/

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

If it's a future pick I'll be a little more lenient. I'm okayyyyy with a 4th. Would rather a 5th. A future 3rd = a 4th this year so I'm okayyyy with that.

A future 4th? Perfect. 

The 4th round is a sweet spot because normally there is a comp pick close by.

Im ok with it being a 4th with the option of becoming a 3rd based on performance/playing time.

I think Quinn is basically a lateral move from Gregory, but, I mean, that’s exactly what we need right now. Now if we can get Randy back at some point this year, we might be in business here folks. Imagine D-Law at 3-tech on 3rd downs- the only right guard that would have a chance is his teammate

4 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

Keeps getting better...

Wow. Im going to assume Miami wont eat part of the contract based on it being a 6th.

Now if we resign him to a cheap 1 year extension where we can spread out the money, this is an absolute steal.

Archived