Browns "aggressively" shopping Haden

BwickRedux

Gregg Williams made it a point to say that if Joe could get back to his pro-bowl form, he'd have a place - if not, then names and paychecks won't matter, he'll be sitting. Clearly Williams was telling the truth and this cut was a courtesy to Haden as well as the younger players who will now have a chance to develop more.

At least I get to keep my nacho hat.  That contract was too big, and nobody wanted it.

A bit surprised we cut him now, but at least now this means he's off the books for 2018.

Let's be clear about why this happened:  This is all because mistakey bought his jersey 7 years ago.

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You said it, not me...but still...

163.gif

hahaha...thinking of LGB with that Nicholson face, lol

@LETSGOBROWNIES @MWil23

Actually, unlike most I"m willing to admit when I'm wrong about a prediction. However, I never said the rumors were 100% false, but I stated that it's problematic to trust sports media "reporting" especially that of certain people, and I argued for why I thought it was worthwhile to keep Joe given what I saw on the all22 in preseason as well as that we've already eaten the majority of his contract for 2017.

As recent real time example of why, I kept using the conflicting reports on Isaiah Thomas "Cavs are demanding more trade assets from Celtics" --Adrian Wojnarowski and also just the opposite "Cavs have made no request to Boston for more on Kyrie-IT trade."---Joe Vardon, as well as MKC saying we were going Trubisky first overall and the "Browns don't know what they're going to do with the pick the day before the draft" stories...

I then argued for why I thought Joe Haden's play this preseason after watching the all22 was mostly good except for 2 glaring bad plays that I discussed in detail.

I also said that maybe the reports could prove true, and I'd be wrong but I'd wait for the facts to come in......

23 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I could be wrong about the FO trying to move Haden but it would be risky proposition to ride with the corners we have (Maybe they see a corner out there that they like more)..

13 hours ago, Mind Character said:

It's not just about La Canfora or MKC...it's just good not to take reports via nfl reporters as 100% fact. I like to wait until the facts come in because often the things put out there completel contradict and oppose other reported info within hours/days...

Wentz going first, Trubisky going first, this guy getting traded...etc

So, while you all may feel as though your initial belief in the report is now justified a la confirmation bias, "SEE I TOLD YOU SO...I KNEW IT WAS TRUE," most of the initial belief in the report was motivated by people's personal belief that Joe Haden shouldn't be on the team AND NOT in the belief in the authenticity of reporting of La Canfora and MKC.

I stand by the belief that it is better to be skeptical of sports media reports and wait until the facts come in than to jump off the roof b/c MKC and some other reporters "reported" something to be true.

In the end, that position has allowed me to make a lot of accurate predictions and not be victim to the rollercoaster and conflicting reporting of the media.

I said we shall see and now we have. In this case, I was wrong about my prediction of him being on the roster. I admit it, and was open to being wrong before; however, I was not wrong in my skepticism of what is often media rumor reporting.

Archived