2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Can you believe that a lot of people wanted sano give earlier this season

You mean traded from MN?  I honestly had never heard of him but now that I've seen where he can put a baseball.....I think I'll remember him.

Teams I dont want to play?

OAK - who for no reason known to man give the NYY all sorts of fits. The NYY record in OAK is terrible. 
HOU - for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

You mean traded from MN?  I honestly had never heard of him but now that I've seen where he can put a baseball.....I think I'll remember him.

Teams I dont want to play?

OAK - who for no reason known to man give the NYY all sorts of fits. The NYY record in OAK is terrible. 
HOU - for obvious reasons.

He was the #1 or 2 prospect in baseball for a while. He's always had power but he strikes or too much and has had some injuries

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

They built their team to match their ballpark and got a bunch of Big Boppers. Dont know if they moved/raised any fences, but I suspect not.

Last NYY/MN series in MN was hair raising. Nobody could get anybody out.
Series that followed shortly thereafter in NY? Back to normal play by play. Go figure.

Something about the Twins playing the Yankees makes every little thing go against the twins in seems like

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Something about the Twins playing the Yankees makes every little thing go against the twins in seems like

Welllllll....its not like I wish you ill.....but........if thats a trend....then I wouldnt mind it continuing :)

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Or the Twins could just beat the Yankees this October and get it done with

They could do that as well. They're not pushovers by any means and this latest spat of (late) injuries has put our lineup in jeopardy - not to mention (apparently) losing an 18 game winner. Not sure the timing could be worse.

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

They could do that as well. They're not pushovers by any means and this latest spat of (late) injuries has put our lineup in jeopardy - not to mention (apparently) losing an 18 game winner. Not sure the timing could be worse.

The twins don't really have the pitching to do much in the playoffs especially with Pinieda's suspension. They could still have a good start or 2 and win a couple games by scoring a lot of runs though. The bullpen has actually been decent lately. They've had a lot of players banged up and have been using a lot of September call ups. Hopefully they are all mostly ready by the playoffs

19 hours ago, tom cody said:

The Twins have the offense to match up with anyone but their pitching could hurt them in the playoffs. Given the team's success this season do we see pitchers go to the Twins this off season?

Do they have the money to buy in free agency? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

Do they have the money to buy in free agency? 

Didnt look at next year, but for right now......

Twins Luxury Tax Payroll

2019 Tax Threshold $206,000,000

40-Man Tax Payroll: $117,089,337

Est. Benefits: $14,500,000

Est. Minor Salaries: -

Total Tax Allocations $131,589,337

Est. Tax Space $74,410,663

Est. Tax Bill $0

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Didnt look at next year, but for right now......

Twins Luxury Tax Payroll

2019 Tax Threshold $206,000,000

40-Man Tax Payroll: $117,089,337

Est. Benefits: $14,500,000

Est. Minor Salaries: -

Total Tax Allocations $131,589,337

Est. Tax Space $74,410,663

Est. Tax Bill $0

They don't generally get that close to the luxury tax.

I don't think they'll be out front on the bidding but I'm sure they'll be working on getting another couple decent starters