2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

They don't generally get that close to the luxury tax.

I don't think they'll be out front on the bidding but I'm sure they'll be working on getting another couple decent starters

Could be....you obviously know them better than I.

These are 2019 numbers - so depending on whose contracts are expiring they'll change some - but, they've got the cash and space if the right deal(s) come along.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Didnt look at next year, but for right now......

Twins Luxury Tax Payroll

2019 Tax Threshold $206,000,000

40-Man Tax Payroll: $117,089,337

Est. Benefits: $14,500,000

Est. Minor Salaries: -

Total Tax Allocations $131,589,337

Est. Tax Space $74,410,663

Est. Tax Bill $0

I didnt ask if they were under the luxury tax.

Is ownership willing to add significant payroll in the offseason?

7 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I didnt ask if they were under the luxury tax.

Is ownership willing to add significant payroll in the offseason?

Actually, what you asked was: "Do they have the money to buy in free agency?"

I provided you their current payroll details - which indicates, they have money to spend.

As for your latest question: "Is ownership willing to add significant payroll in the offseason?"

They currently have the 18th ranked payroll which is about 11M below the league average, so big spenders they're not and it's anybodies guess what they'll do in the offseason - but according to Twins fan @vikesfan89 : "I don't think they'll be out front on the bidding but I'm sure they'll be working on getting another couple decent starters"

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Could be....you obviously know them better than I.

These are 2019 numbers - so depending on whose contracts are expiring they'll change some - but, they've got the cash and space if the right deal(s) come along.

I honestly haven't paid much attention to the money that are willing to spend but Mauers contract coming off the books helped. There owners generally spend up to a percentage of the revenue. The nice thing is that the lineup should be set for next season. They'll need to sign someone as Berrios might be the only established starter coming back.

• Like 1

Come on Yankees... get the #1 seed! Amazing team but I do not want to play the Astros in the Division Series if we ended up making it that far. Verlander, Cole, Greinke in 4 outta 5 games is a death sentence. Astros are not losing in the division round, they could be playing the 75 Reds or 98 Yankees, they are not losin.