2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Stanton hits the Yankees' 300th HR of the season. Destroys that one to left-center for his third of the year.

The regular season HR Derby is still alive and kicking......
MN  - 301
NYY - 300

Both of these totals are absurd given the circumstances. Twins had nothing last year. All of sudden they are mashers. Yankees doing this without Judge for half a season, Stanton the entire season, even Didi gone half the season. I mean who had LeMahieu and Gardner at 25+ or Urshela even being able to put the ball in play?

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Stanton hits the Yankees' 300th HR of the season. Destroys that one to left-center for his third of the year.

The regular season HR Derby is still alive and kicking......
MN  - 301
NYY - 300

Yankees now up 305-303

22 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

They also hit the most home runs by catchers. Fitting that it was the same ball.

I'd like to think that this is the start of them being able to beat the Yankees

Okay, okay.....lets not go overboard eh?

As much as it pains me, I gave you this HR Derby Championship.....what with our "We're in so lets rest everybody up......." philosophy - during which we reverted back to Spring Training lineups and were picking up / releasing pitchers on a daily basis and reducing them to one inning limits - AND STILL - managed to get four guys hurt!!!!!

But here is where we will have to draw the line.

Good season MN...nobody can take that away from you.....but it will end soon :)

The Sox have like 62 million coming off the books next season: Rick Porcello ($20.625M), Pablo Sandoval ($19M), Mitch Moreland: ($6.5M), Steve Pearce ($6.25M), Eduardo Nunez ($5M), Brock Holt ($3.575M) and Tyler Thornburg ($1.75M). If JD Martinez opts out and they don't sign him, it's 84 million. 

Sale and Xander's contract kicks in and they increase 15 and 12 million, respectively (25.6 million and 20 million). With arbitration they're probably at 200 million.

So they're going to lose Moreland, Holt, and MArtinez, but be competitive?