2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

10 minutes ago, mse326 said:

You think everyone accused of crimes is always suspended in every company? Please.

And if you just keep firing people for accusations you run the risk of liability for unlawful termination.

You're also kidding yourself if you think they are losing money if they play him until there is a judgement against him.

He’s not suspended is he? He’d be on the exempt list which is purgatory and you still get paid I believe. 

And wrongful termination isn’t a thing in most states, most states are At-Will Employment. At least the big states anyways. But thats off topic really. 

Anyways, AB also committed (assuming AB is who we are talking about) assault in those texts which I’m sure the Patriot Lawyers told Bill. NFL can suspend him 8 games just for that. But they will put him on the exempt list pending the civil suit imo. 

14 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Wanted the Braves to sign him. Thankful they didn't. He is unfortunately toast. 

Could be....but based on what? The lack of interest in him during the offseason? One less than normal (for him) year with CHI? It cant be age.

The guy's saved 346 games over 10 years....which isnt too shabby on either end. The number of saves or years he's been good enough to stay employed and be put out there when a game's on the line.

I dont follow the guy close enough to know if he's lost it - maybe analytics has figured him out - dont know/cant say - but he saved 42 games just last year with BOS. 35 the year prior. If he's "lost it" w/o some kind of injury cause......it would be a tremendous drop.  

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are the twins seriously going to play the Yankees in the playoffs again?

Is that how's its lining up? Sigh. A slugfest to ensue. Unfortunately, the NYY sluggers are either just returned from the IL or its hoped they will return before the playoffs. :(

The race I want the NYY to win at this juncture is best overall record and home field throughout. We're a game behind HOU and tie goes to them. 

HOU - six games left  - @ SEA (2) and @ LAA (4).
NYY - five games left - @ TB (2) and @ TEX (3).

Advantage: HOU

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Home run derby......

Team overall:

NYY - 298 (6 games left)
MN - 297 (6 games left)

Rookie record:

Aaron Judge - 52 (2017)
Pete Alonso - 50 (with 7 games left)

Making the final turn and down they stretch they come.

How many games do the Yankees have left in the little league park?

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

How many games do the Yankees have left in the little league park?

I sense you're trying to make a case for the Twins..which I can understand given what "non-entities" they've been on the baseball landscape :)

Specifically - none. They end their season on the road.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Is that how's its lining up? Sigh. A slugfest to ensue. Unfortunately, the NYY sluggers are either just returned from the IL or its hoped they will return before the playoffs. :(

The race I want the NYY to win at this juncture is best overall record and home field throughout. We're a game behind HOU and tie goes to them. 

HOU - six games left  - @ SEA (2) and @ LAA (4).
NYY - five games left - @ TB (2) and @ TEX (3).

Advantage: HOU

I hope the Yankees take first? The twins haven't been crushing the ball like in the past but they seem to be coming around a bit again

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

I hope the Yankees take first? The twins haven't been crushing the ball like in the past but they seem to be coming around a bit again

Last game I took note of....which was pretty recent....Friday(?) Saturday(?)....they hit four or five....and they dont seem to hit the "just cleared the wall" type. They end up in the parking lot!

Sano? A beast. Cant say I've made a stat comparison, but he's like a right handed Jordan (HOU).

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I sense you're trying to make a case for the Twins..which I can understand given what "non-entities" they've been on the baseball landscape :)

Specifically - none. They end their season on the road.

The fact that the twins are in a race with the Yankees to hit the most home runs is pretty incredible, especially how hard it has been too hit home runs at Target field in the past. Of course that probably had a lot to do with the twins playing their home games there

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Last game I took note of....which was pretty recent....Friday(?) Saturday(?)....they hit four or five....and they dont seem to hit the "just cleared the wall" type. They end up in the parking lot!

Sano? A beast. Cant say I've made a stat comparison, but he's like a right handed Jordan (HOU).

Can you believe that a lot of people wanted sano give earlier this season

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

The fact that the twins are in a race with the Yankees to hit the most home runs is pretty incredible, especially how hard it has been too hit home runs at Target field in the past. Of course that probably had a lot to do with the twins playing their home games there

They built their team to match their ballpark and got a bunch of Big Boppers. Dont know if they moved/raised any fences, but I suspect not.

Last NYY/MN series in MN was hair raising. Nobody could get anybody out.
Series that followed shortly thereafter in NY? Back to normal play by play. Go figure.