2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is kind of annoying because the MLB is going to come off looking good here when they suspend him indefinitely, and then ban him as a result of what will probably be a pretty substantial jail sentence. Manfred is going to get credit for handling "off the field issues" right when he really hasn't.

I mean, in this case, he has. This isnt an accusation in a civil suit. This is a law enforcement investigation that has led to an arrest. And I imagine that MLB and the pirates received a whole lot more info on the investigation than is being reported.

46 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Baseball ******* sucks sometimes, ie Betances. I hope the Yanks still pay him.

The year has not been kind to Mr. Betances......

Dellin Betances suffered a "partial tear of the left achilles tendon," per Yankees.

Dellin Betances had the Yankees ride his shoulder pretty darn hard his first two full years of relief, and then he had this season taken away thanks to a lat strain and then, when he finally got over it, an achillies tear. Just as he was about to become a free agent. Brutal.

Dr. Martin O'Malley, whom Betances will see for a second opinion, previously performed surgery on Odell Beckham Jr. ... who eventually returned and looked quite good against the Jets last night.

This homeplate up in the Yankees Angels game is terrible. I watched two at bats so far and he called 4 clears balls strikes so far. And what makes it bad is it's not consistent at all. Two were outside, one was low, and the other was inside. Guy is pretty crappy.