2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

18 hours ago, animaltested said:

Its been floating around a bit, but the Mariners record since 1995 is 1995-2019.

I couple of days ago it was posted that bruce bochy's career record since he started managing in 1995 was 1995 - 2019

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

Anthony Rendon now leads the NL in average and RBI. Hes second in OPS and tied for second wRC+.

How many home runs does he have to be within, in order to beat out Bellinger for the MVP?

Hope he wins it. It's super close. Just sucks that the real MVP went down for the year. He's got a half win fWAR lead on Bellinger with 2 weeks to go but I doubt he gets that benefit.

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Hope he wins it. It's super close. Just sucks that the real MVP went down for the year. He's got a half win fWAR lead on Bellinger with 2 weeks to go but I doubt he gets that benefit.

Yea, but to be fair, Rendon also missed like two weeks.

I know that Bellinger has been better defensively,  but a lot of that is due to some luck. Its not like Rendon is bad on defense either.

Just now, Slateman said:

Yea, but to be fair, Rendon also missed like two weeks.

I know that Bellinger has been better defensively,  but a lot of that is due to some luck. Its not like Rendon is bad on defense either.

Just think Bellinger is going to get the best team LA bias when it comes to the voting. 

ESPN:  The Boston Red Sox are on track to pay a $13.05 million luxury tax for a season in which they are likely to miss the playoffs.

The World Series champions' payroll for purposes of the tax increased from $239.7 million on Opening Day to $242.8 million on Aug. 31, according to calculations by the commissioner's office obtained by The Associated Press.

Teams are allowed to get to $206 million before the luxury tax kicks in.

As of Opening Day, the Red Sox were projected for an $11.76 million tax.

Entering Saturday, Boston (77-70) was 8 1/2 games out for the second AL wild card with 15 games remaining.

The Red Sox fired president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski last weekend.

The last race that matters for the NYY (outside of finishing the season w/o more players going on IL) : Overall record

NYY  98 + 52 (Home: 53-22)(Away: 45-30)
HOU 97 + 53 (Home: 56-20)(Away: 41-33)
LAD  96 + 54 (Home: 56-20)(Away: 40-34)

HOU holds the tie break against the NYY
NYY holds the tie break against the LAD

12 games left

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:50 AM, Leader said:

ESPN:  The Boston Red Sox are on track to pay a $13.05 million luxury tax for a season in which they are likely to miss the playoffs.

The World Series champions' payroll for purposes of the tax increased from $239.7 million on Opening Day to $242.8 million on Aug. 31, according to calculations by the commissioner's office obtained by The Associated Press.

Teams are allowed to get to $206 million before the luxury tax kicks in.

As of Opening Day, the Red Sox were projected for an $11.76 million tax.

Entering Saturday, Boston (77-70) was 8 1/2 games out for the second AL wild card with 15 games remaining.

The Red Sox fired president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski last weekend.

Ironically, it seems you really can't buy a championship in MLB. You still have to have a good scouting and player development program.

58 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Ironically, it seems you really can't buy a championship in MLB. You still have to have a good scouting and player development program.

I agree and have been saying that for some time. The NYY are proof positive. It comes down to talent evaluation, development and a fair amount of luck. The higher spenders do have a better shot at winning - thats been proven - but the continued presence of teams like Oakland and Tampa Bay (and not a few years ago of Kansas City <of all teams>) shows an organization can succeed and not have the leading payroll.

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

I agree and have been saying that for some time. The NYY are proof positive. It comes down to talent evaluation, development and a fair amount of luck. The higher spenders do have a better shot at winning - thats been proven - but the continued presence of teams like Oakland and Tampa Bay (and not a few years ago of Kansas City <of all teams>) shows an organization can succeed and not have the leading payroll.

see, I would have used a team that has won a championship recently. Like the Giants, Royals, Cardinals, or Astros.