2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

16 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

People hating on Hicks is weird. He's made his way into the upper ranks of CF. Gardner is clearly the odd man out if Frazier goes on a tear. 

I actually like Hicks, but the Yankees being scrubs the offseason and now paying for it offers tremendous trolling potential.

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They put Elliot Abrams back into the administration they'd never do any deals with Cuba lol.

Oh I know. I mean tbh the low hanging fruit here is fairly obvious, and besides that the DoJ has a (FAKE) Dossier about the Dodgers execs which is hilarious for a million reasons.

But the only honest take is that this is sad. Baseball is going to say "oh well, we tried, maybe 2021" and go back to the don't ask don't tell enabling of human trafficking and the cartels are going to make a ton of money smuggling Cuban players off the island.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crab1106 said:

People hating on Hicks is weird. He's made his way into the upper ranks of CF. Gardner is clearly the odd man out if Frazier goes on a tear. 

Yeah if Frazier continues this I think Gardner would be the first off the bench with Frazier-Hicks-Judge (Stanton DH)

Id also trust Gardy more to come off the bench and perform

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

giphy.gif

Sounds like a Cuban problem. Not an American one.

The rationale: paying money to the FCB is no different than paying money to the Cuban government and that, they argue, is against U.S. interests.

Cuban players who wish to play in the United States have to make a dangerous defection, leave their families, risk persecution and jail if they are unsuccessful, risk life, limb and possibly a great deal of money due to reliance on human traffickers, who are often associated with organized crime and drug cartels. If players do make that perilous journey and establish residency in a third country, they can become unrestricted free agents. If they land in the United States, they will be subject to the draft. If they are intercepted by the U.S. Coast Guard before reaching land they are, per U.S. policy, returned to Cuba.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh I know. I mean tbh the low hanging fruit here is fairly obvious, and besides that the DoJ has a (FAKE) Dossier about the Dodgers execs which is hilarious for a million reasons.

But the only honest take is that this is sad. Baseball is going to say "oh well, we tried, maybe 2021" and go back to the don't ask don't tell enabling of human trafficking and the cartels are going to make a ton of money smuggling Cuban players off the island.

If the MLB made the same deal with North Korea the Trump DOJ would cream themselves.

8 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Been waiting on him to get regular at bats for a loooong time. If he can stay healthy while others are on the IL he’s gonna make it very very interesting when everyone is healthy again. An outfield with Judge, Stanton, Frazier, Hicks and Gardner is so nice. You think he takes starts away from Gardner? At least makes it so we don’t have to rush Hicks back. 

Yes. If Frazier keeps producing, when everybody's back healthy, he'll take ABs from Gardner who saw too much field time last year and was worn down at seasons end.

7 hours ago, Slateman said:

Is this even a question? If Frazier keeps hitting like this, the Yankees are going to trade Hicks.

That's not gonna happen. Hicks is 29. A switch hitter who's the only natural CF on the roster other than Gardner who's 35.