2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

As long as he implodes after we trade him. He should fetch us something nice if he keeps pitching like he is

Is Randy still tradable on his extension? I thought that was a weird oh and like we extended someone as well today type of move is in the the future plans he’s already 27/28 but I guess we are thin on OF prospects.It just seemed odd to me. 

46 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Is Randy still tradable on his extension? I thought that was a weird oh and like we extended someone as well today type of move is in the the future plans he’s already 27/28 but I guess we are thin on OF prospects.It just seemed odd to me. 

Grichuk won't be traded. Other than Ken Giles and probably Justin Smoak everyone else should be ok.

Marcus Stroman could be a guy dealt mid season and will have some value. Could get a package similar to what Jose Quintana fetched a couple years ago

Edited by BillsGuy82

14 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Grichuk won't be traded. Other than Ken Giles and probably Justin Smoak everyone else should be ok.

Marcus Stroman could be a guy dealt mid season and will have some value. Could get a package similar to what Jose Quintana fetched a couple years ago

Yea I expect Smoak to be traded and Stroman and/or Sánchez. I didn’t think it would be unreasonable to trade Randy though. The extension seemed weird and maybe the timing of it was intentional it’s not an awful deal but I’m just not sure he fits the time line of the team but also I’m not sure he has immense trade value anyways. 

Do we have any good OF prospects? Will some guys be permanently moved to the OF? I mean when we traded KP it seemed like alright now it’s Alford’s time to have an extended look in the big leagues and we went ahead and added a AAAA to play ahead of him and Dalton Pompey is the only other name that comes to mind and I have no idea where he is at. 

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Yea I expect Smoak to be traded and Stroman and/or Sánchez. I didn’t think it would be unreasonable to trade Randy though. The extension seemed weird and maybe the timing of it was intentional it’s not an awful deal but I’m just not sure he fits the time line of the team but also I’m not sure he has immense trade value anyways. 

Do we have any good OF prospects? Will some guys be permanently moved to the OF? I mean when we traded KP it seemed like alright now it’s Alford’s time to have an extended look in the big leagues and we went ahead and added a AAAA to play ahead of him and Dalton Pompey is the only other name that comes to mind and I have no idea where he is at. 

Anthony Alford is a AAAA type guy but no not really any OF prospects lol

My guess is Cavan Biggio might get moved to OF because we wont have room with all our IF prospects. Brandon Drury maybe

Edited by BillsGuy82
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Anthony Alford is a AAAA type guy but no not really any OF prospects lol

My guess is Cavan Biggio might get moved to OF because we wont have room with all our IF prospects. Brandon Drury maybe

Probably true on Alford but I wouldn’t have minded giving him an actual extended period in the majors just to see what he is rather than give his spot to a guy we know isn’t anything who’s already been on a handful of teams.