NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

The fact all these outlets are making people sign up to read content smh...

I get it, it sucks, but I get it

I think Journalism/News helped sharpen the knife that is killing them when they put all their stuff online for free 15+ years ago...it got people used to getting it at no cost unlike before where you had to pay daily or subscribe to the newspaper/magazines.

My GF is in that industry so I see the other side of it, she got laid off two years ago. And she's relatively lucky, know a couple of people she knew got that axe 2/3 times.

I think sites like CrossingBroad have a good model, there is the free stuff that covers everything.
But if you want more in depth stories and analysis you pay a little bit to keep the lights on.

I am sick of subscribing to stuff though in general ha

32 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I get it, it sucks, but I get it

I think Journalism/News helped sharpen the knife that is killing them when they put all their stuff online for free 15+ years ago...it got people used to getting it at no cost unlike before where you had to pay daily or subscribe to the newspaper/magazines.

My GF is in that industry so I see the other side of it, she got laid off two years ago. And she's relatively lucky, know a couple of people she knew got that axe 2/3 times.

I think sites like CrossingBroad have a good model, there is the free stuff that covers everything.
But if you want more in depth stories and analysis you pay a little bit to keep the lights on.

I am sick of subscribing to stuff though in general ha

I started out going to school for journalism before I switched majors. I get it as well. I think with the flooding of sites they would be content with advertising dollars. I would think the CB model would be used throughout. I was reading some local HS prep stuff online and got the block/ad to subscribe. I'm like I can walk out the office and down the hall and read this.

42 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I started out going to school for journalism before I switched majors. I get it as well. I think with the flooding of sites they would be content with advertising dollars. I would think the CB model would be used throughout. I was reading some local HS prep stuff online and got the block/ad to subscribe. I'm like I can walk out the office and down the hall and read this.

Ha that was probably a smart move,

You would think they would be content and viable but I think that’s for small 1-4 man sites, these bigger networks ones want more.

I think a total lockout is dumb, soft paywalls are a happy medium for sure.

I think what is even better is a timed paywall mixed with soft paywall. Everyone gets everything at some point. You timegate it enough to entice subscription but not boil it over into irrelevance

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I would love for the Eagles to trade for Gorden... probably wont happen, but this offense would be ridiculous with him and Wentz

Was about to ask this same question. Do you kick the tires with an offer? If Cleveland is willing to move on does that mean they know for certain he popped another test? One would think given our locker room, players and Coaches Gordon might thrive or at least adapt to the Eagle Way.

My guess is he's a Cowboy by Monday. Desperate for any type of weapons, desperate for attention, media coverage, etc. I just feel sorry for Gordon if it happens because he has no chance at keeping his sobriety with all of those Pot Heads currently employed.

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was about to ask this same question. Do you kick the tires with an offer? If Cleveland is willing to move on does that mean they know for certain he popped another test? One would think given our locker room, players and Coaches Gordon might thrive or at least adapt to the Eagle Way.

My guess is he's a Cowboy by Monday. Desperate for any type of weapons, desperate for attention, media coverage, etc. I just feel sorry for Gordon if it happens because he has no chance at keeping his sobriety with all of those Pot Heads currently employed.

From all the reports, he didn't fail a test. The Browns are just fed up with him. He was late to practice and was on thin ice with them already.... crazy that they put up with all his BS and now are cutting him finally. 

He is tremendous talent. I would make an offer for a 6th or 7th rounder. Gorden, Jeffrey, and Nelson... sexy. But yeah I think Dallas will go after him hard.

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I would love for the Eagles to trade for Gorden... probably wont happen, but this offense would be ridiculous with him and Wentz

Tempting for the talent

dude just seems either dumb or has a problem 

he gets paid like nothing this year and is a free agent next year. So I guess a 7th is fine for a rental.

but not sure they would want to bring him in.

3 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Come on guys. You are better than this. We are better than this. We don't need a guy that repeatedly throws his life away like this. Let him not play for some other team 

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Come on guys. You are better than this. We are better than this. We don't need a guy that repeatedly throws his life away like this. Let him not play for some other team 

Yea, not really worth it

pats will trade for him and ditch him next year probably 

I hadn't realized Jordan Matthews was still a free agent, pretty surprising... Former 2nd round pick, in good health afaik, only 26 years old, 6'3 215 lbs, 19 TDs and 2000+ yards in his first 3 years (produced with different QBs, and under different coaches). ~150 active WR spots in the NFL, and he's not worth one of them? Even the desperate Patriots cut him. He was never anything special, but damn, a free agent in the prime of his career? Not implying we should take a look at him, but I always follow our high draft picks post-Eagles life.

Who would have ever thought after 2015 that Agholor would end up being one of the top weapons on a SB winning team and in line for an extension while J-Mat would be on his way out of the league?

Archived