NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Yeah the years are starting to mesh together I thought maybe a couple not 2012

Yea, i get that a lot too.

I feel like the Nike contract just started, but that was 6 years ago and they just extended it the other day

Also sometimes comes as a mild surprise as I remember I'm not far from 30 rather than just a couple years into my 20s.

28 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Doesn't look good for Lamar at all

FWIW i took a sample just now and got a 33

Meh. I don't really think the wonderlic is that important.

McNabb scored 14.

McNair scored 15.

Marino scored 16.

I think the work he does on the white board for teams is what's important. Not sure what the word is on how he did there though.

Yea, it’s nice if a guy scores well...but it doesn’t really matter.

i think Lamar is killing himself off the field, you gotta play the game of fun the field as a QBs prospect. I like him not having an agent that’ll just take a cut of an already determined deal basically wherever he gets picked.

but heard stories that nobody can get in touch with him, and he’s getting trained by a friend rather than an established guy. Who could help put a lot of questions to rest.

Listening to what guys like Jordan Palmer do for guys is really interesting.

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

After taking the sample, i think the Wonderlic is a good tool to measure how fast your brain processes information as you are on a time cap. 

Definitely what it’s designed to test

but it gets too overblown, its

like 3 years of tape go out the window because of a low score for some guys.

55 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Well the NFL is not College. Several top prospects in the NCAA level fail in the NFL. Why? Because they are no longer the fastest, strongest, or shiftiest guy on the field. Everyone is athletically elite, that's where the brain comes in - who can make adjustments and who can manipulate the opposing player? In the NFL its more of a mind game. Teams need players who process info fast so they can react fast and be ahead of the curve. 

Lamar Jackson not running a 40 at the Combine or his Pro Day is a bigger deal than the Wonderlic. Why not showcase that speed to add to his QB evaluation? Vick ran a “4.33” at his pro day and had accuracy issues when he left college too. Some team will take Jackson in the 1st, maybe trade up late like Minny did for Bridgewater a few years back. 

15 hours ago, eagles18 said:

After taking the sample, i think the Wonderlic is a good tool to measure how fast your brain processes information as you are on a time cap. 

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

The inherent problem is book smarts =/= football smarts. 

At least one team is using the Eagles as a case study for surviving hard times:

That will change on Tuesday when the Bears begin their offseason program. Nagy outlined two points of the message he plans to deliver, starting with getting players to “understand why it’s so important for them to put on the Bears uniform.” Nagy also wants to have a team that will thrive in the face of adversity and said he will point to the current Super Bowl champs as an example of what he’s trying to build in Chicago.

Nagy referenced injuries to quarterback Carson Wentz and others by saying the Eagles “had some down times” that they fought through by sticking together as the year unfolded.

Archived