The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Maybe 16th to 20th. With Shanahan's offensive setup, and two tackles out, he's not being asked to do much. He's been great on third downs. The Jimmy G in that 5 game stretch in 2017 with a piece meal offense, and scrub cast looked like a legitimate star quarterback. It was impressive. More information is need to see how he is long term.  

It's too early to tell if the 49ers have a legit shot at a Super Bowl. Ask me in late November. 

Your defense is straight legit. I enjoy watching them. Your offense can’t be slept on either kittle Goodwin and an excellent run game I believe you have a team to take it all home. As long as the patriots Or chiefs don’t win the Super Bowl I will be happy.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That's a fair assessment.  I will reiterate that the 9ers have zero chance to win the Super Bowl due to the offensive inefficiencies which will be exposed when they get down and have to rely on Jimmy G to lead them back.   

They should go to the playoffs with their schedule and current record but they are pretenders not contenders....

HighYellowishFirefly-size_restricted.gif

There have been some lackluster offensive teams that won the Super Bowl, if the 49ers are even in that position. 

I can't even deal with the Carr hate lol. Our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed tonight. ARod was having a field day back there. 

Carr made a VERY VERY costly mistake. The reaching out fumble BS. That killed us. But we weren't stopping them at all up to that point. 

That deep ball to waller went to the ONLY where Waller was the only person to get it. There was a safety coming from the middle the field. That could have made a play on the ball if Carr didn't put it where he did. 

Edited by OG_C2X

5 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Your defense is straight legit. I enjoy watching them. Your offense can’t be slept on either kittle Goodwin and an excellent run game I believe you have a team to take it all home. As long as the patriots Or chiefs don’t win the Super Bowl I will be happy.

Defense is a lot better than anyone predicted. Getting the Staley, McGlinchey, and Juszczyk back will help the offense. Our receivers are nothing, but Kittle almost makes it irrelevant. He's the best tight end in football right now. Too bad McKinnon never worked out. 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

I can't even deal with the Carr hate lol. Our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed tonight. ARod was having a field day back there. 

It looked like an early Thanksgiving in GB today.  The Raiders D was the leftover carcass that had been carved up.

Clearly not on Carr.  Our D is so bad it's not funny.  Zero pass rush, embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Defense is a lot better than anyone predicted. Getting the Staley, McGlinchey, and Juszczyk back will help the offense. Our receivers are nothing, but Kittle almost makes it irrelevant. He's the best tight end in football right now. 

Next to Waller. 😉😉

I've been critical of carr as of late, and pissed as I was over the fumble, he should know better, we couldn't stop arod to save our lives. Could have easily dropped 38 against a pretty good defense on their home field. Pass rush and secondary were both pitiful. 

From what little I saw, Carr looked pretty good extending plays and looking downfield.

Not sure what to think of Ferrell, but I think he will get better. At least it seems like we know we need pass rush and coverage lb. Gives us so hope for the off-season if we don't trade for anybody. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Defense is a lot better than anyone predicted. Getting the Staley, McGlinchey, and Juszczyk back will help the offense. Our receivers are nothing, but Kittle almost makes it irrelevant. He's the best tight end in football right now. Too bad McKinnon never worked out. 

I believe you have a good shot going deep and beyond in the playoffs. That’s awesome though least you got something to be happy about 🙂

• Like 1

I don’t think losing the Packer game had much to do with Carr. Our defense blows. Everything outside our O Line and Jacobs blows actually. 

Carr has a 6.9 YPA on the year. Unacceptable. No starter in the league should ever have a 6.9 YPA. It also makes his completion percentage pointless. 80% on sub 7 ypa is not impressive. 

Saying Carr having a “great” season is laughable. Has Carr been terrible? Absolutely not. He’s been below average. I even believe Carr is a starter in this league. But he’s a game manager Bottom 10 QB for a top defensive team. That’s not us. 

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

Yeah. Derek Carr doesn't play defense. He couldn't have won us that game.

Well no ****. His mistakes are always the nail in the coffin for us. They are constant too and he doesn’t have it to put it on his shoulders and make rudimentary QB decisions. Rarely throws receivers open can’t go through his reads can’t find open receivers he is barely mediocre as far as QB play goes so let’s not act like he’s the second coming or decent 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think losing the Packer game had much to do with Carr. Our defense blows. Everything outside our O Line and Jacobs blows actually. 

Carr has a 6.9 YPA on the year. Unacceptable. No starter in the league should ever have a 6.9 YPA. It also makes his completion percentage pointless. 80% on sub 7 ypa is not impressive. 

Saying Carr having a “great” season is laughable. Has Carr been terrible? Absolutely not. He’s been below average. I even believe Carr is a starter in this league. But he’s a game manager Bottom 10 QB for a top defensive team. That’s not us. 

You're nuts. Carr is a top 5 QB under the age of 30 in the NFL. You take the bad with the good from a QB like Carr.

Gruden doesn't take deep shots. He plays a game control offense. Running the ball, with short timing passes and then uses the success of that to set up deep shots off play action. Carr is that QB. He's not going anywhere, get him some guys to throw to outside of 3 TEs and he will ball out.