The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

He is better presnap then Watson. 

Makes better decisions then Watson.

He has a better combination of accuracy and powrr inside of 20 yards.

He has better Mechanics then Watson.

He has a quicker release then Watson.

So pretty much besides throwing bombs and running around improvising... umm everything. 

I can't disagree with that assessment. He's also had Hopkins every step of the way.

27 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Top 5 QB under 30???!    Can you honestly say Carr is better than every QB on this list outside 4 of them?

Wentz

Mahomes

Watson

Jackson

Prescott

Allen

Goff

Darnold

Murray

Bridgewater

Minshew

Mayfield

Garropolo 

Brissett

This is how I see it. Brissett, Garropolo, Mayfield, Minshew, Bridgewater, and Allen are worse quarterbacks on much better teams.

33 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Top 5 QB under 30???!    Can you honestly say Carr is better than every QB on this list outside 4 of them?

Wentz

Mahomes

Watson

Jackson

Prescott

Allen

Goff

Darnold

Murray

Bridgewater

Minshew

Mayfield

Garropolo 

Brissett

Wentz, Mahomes, Darnold, Watson and Murray I would easily take over Carr as a no brainer decision. So he’s not Top 5 under 30. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wentz, Mahomes, Darnold, Watson and Murray I would easily take over Carr as a no brainer decision. So he’s not Top 5 under 30. 

Watson? See above why Carr is better.

Don't even get me started on Murray. Carr is better then Murray if he was forced to play as a lefty.

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

He is better presnap then Watson. 

Makes better decisions then Watson.

He has a better combination of accuracy and powrr inside of 20 yards.

He has better Mechanics then Watson.

He has a quicker release then Watson.

So pretty much besides throwing bombs and running around improvising... umm everything. 

32 out of 32 GMs would take Watson over Carr and I guarantee that. 

Better Mechanics? Quicker release? Who the hell cares about that when you continuously are bottom in the league in YPA. Makes better decisions?  How? Carr has thrown double digit INTs every year of his career except one. Watson has none so far. He sure as hell isn't a better decision maker when on the move, as we painfully witnessed yesterday. 

Lol better presnap. How can you tell? Are you a coach, do you know each team's offense? What has being better at presnap done for Derek Carr over Watson? Because it sure as hell doesnt make him more productive.

And I love how you sweep Watson being better at throwing deep and making off schedule plays better under the rug like it's not a big deal. Maybe because Carr has and continues to be an awful deep passer. Maybe because Carr hasn't proven he can make plays when the play breaks down (although I will admit Carr has been better at that this season). Making plays off schedule is one of the more important aspects of the game today. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Watson? See above why Carr is better.

Don't even get me started on Murray. Carr is better then Murray if he was forced to play as a lefty.

Yet Murray is a better, much more dynamic player already with a worst supporting cast.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We’ve gotten Carr the Line of all Lines. I feel only the Saints is better. Jacobs is actually the best RB in football according to PFF. Not best rookie, best RB. So we solved that too. He also has a solid TE and solid WR2. We just have to give him another WR1 (or very high end WR2) and see what happens I suppose. 

I'm gona play Devil's Advocate for a bit, how much talent does Carr need around him to succeed and raise to the next level? How many QBs in the league would love to have our Oline, RB, and TE like ours.

1 minute ago, OldManWillis said:

I'm gona play Devil's Advocate for a bit, how much talent does Carr need around him to succeed and raise to the next level? How many QBs in the league would love to have our Oline, RB, and TE like ours.

Trust me, I usually say the same thing. I’m just being nice today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Lollllllllllllll..... We gave up 42 points.  

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yet Murray is a better, much more dynamic player already with a worst supporting cast.

Murray is already better as a rookie and will be miles ahead of Carr in the future. He can do tons of things Carr could never dream of doing. 

You’ll also have to add Tua above Carr once the draft is over. No GM is taking Carr over Tua. Not a single one. 

14 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I'd argue that Carr is succeeding within the offense. It's just the team isn't succeeding as a whole.

Something lost in yesterday's performance was that Carr was not sacked once against a superior Green Bay pass rush without Trent Brown in the lineup. A big part of that is Carr's ability pre-snap and his ability to get the ball out quickly. And it wasn't like the offense wasn't moving--Carr was being very productive outside of the two crucial mistakes in the redzone.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

32 out of 32 GMs would take Watson over Carr and I guarantee that. 

Better Mechanics? Quicker release? Who the hell cares about that when you continuously are bottom in the league in YPA. Makes better decisions?  How? Carr has thrown double digit INTs every year of his career except one. Watson has none so far. He sure as hell isn't a better decision maker when on the move, as we painfully witnessed yesterday. 

Lol better presnap. How can you tell? Are you a coach, do you know each team's offense? What has being better at presnap done for Derek Carr over Watson? Because it sure as hell doesnt make him more productive.

And I love how you sweep Watson being better at throwing deep and making off schedule plays better under the rug like it's not a big deal. Maybe because Carr has and continues to be an awful deep passer. Maybe because Carr hasn't proven he can make plays when the play breaks down (although I will admit Carr has been better at that this season). Making plays off schedule is one of the more important aspects of the game today. 

100%. NOT ONE GM OR COACH WOULD CHOOSE Carr over Watson

They would be Fired over that decision

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Murray is already better as a rookie and will be miles ahead of Carr in the future. He can do tons of things Carr could never dream of doing. 

You’ll also have to add Tua above Carr once the draft is over. No GM is taking Carr over Tua. Not a single one. 

@OG_C2X is the same guy who said he graded Murray similar to Tim Tebow. So his QB evaluation skills are obviously lacking. 

Just has an irrational hate for Murray