The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

14 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I know he's not the same player. But earlier I said he's not the guy, and the bickering among the Raiders fanbase reminds me of what 49ers fans were going through at the time he was around. Just don't think the division among the fanbase is a good omen. 

He just hasn't looked like himself as a decision maker since 2016. And I don't believe the change in personnel like no Cooper, Crabtree, or Musgrave calling the plays is a reason for his lack of executing like he used to, when he was dragging the Raiders to wins, and having a case for league MVP. 

Carr might play well enough to keep his job. Is that the best outcome for the franchise? Ehhh...

But you believe in him still. So whatever. :)

Moving on would certainly not be the right move unless an Andrew Luck prospect falls into our laps.

Can you imagine if Maylock lets Carr walk, Carr joins the Bears and takes them deep into the playoffs?  If Carr ended up on a team with a legit D and some weapons on O he would look like he did in 2016.  If that does happens and the Raiders draft a Trashbinski it would set the franchise back 5 years and Mayocks career as a GM is over.  

Mayock is not that stupid...

• Like 3

It’s obvious what the problem for the raiders 

- no pass rush 

- no stud wideouts to make the pass game work 

those are the obvious big needs of the team. We have talent and we can overachieve and be 7-9 to 9-7 but this team needs two huge things to be considered a team no ones wants to face. 

• Like 3

Ferrell has not shown as much as I would have hoped. Still rooting for the guy, but has not looked promising. Crosby on the other hand...

Seems like our pass rush looks good against bad olines and non-existent against good ones. Houston has a bad line but Watson is so elusive. 

15 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Carr played well, but that fumble killed us, there’s literally no need for that. Either go all in And lower your shoulder or take care of the rock. That’s a bone head play.

Exactly there was an opportunity to go in at half with the lead end of story, it would be much harder to blame Carr then. And he never goes all in, he always runs wide toward the side line and tries to sticks the ball out comes up short most of the time, Rodgers would turn back inside at the last second and put his head down and dive if he needs it.

Edited by raidr4life

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Exactly there was an opportunity to go in at half with the lead end of story, it would be much harder to blame Carr then. And he never goes all in, he always runs wide toward the side line and tries to sticks the ball out comes up short most of the time, Rodgers would turn back inside at the last second and put his head down and dive if he needs it.

Yep, knew it was a matter of time before this happened. Carr always wrecklessly sticks the ball out. No other QB does that. Like other said, you’re either all in or you’re all out (protection). 

I'm not sure which post to stick this in, so Im just gona say it here.

We need to build this team around Jacobs. I would keep Carr as a game manager sort, but would put my resources into helping our run game. That means draft a wr to help take away 8 man boxes, draft defense, add oline through fa, draft a backup to spell Jacobs so he doesnt break down.

Carr will never be more then what he is. As long as he doesn't think he has to do everything himself then he wont lose us games.

• Like 3

I get those wanting to move on from Carr. He continues to make these boneheaded unforced errors at the worst of times and it isn't a good bet that will go away. That said, his fumble and interception, while bad, weren't the reason why this team lost today or the biggest problem with this team overall.

The defense was hilariously bad at all three levels. I think this falls on the feet of Guenther. The defense seemed completely surprised every time there's a play-action boot today and not a soul in the secondary looked like they had played more than a single quarter in the NFL--complete mindlessness.

Back to Carr: I honestly thought he looked really solid outside of the two turnovers and an overthrow to Doss early on. Like others and I have said before, I wouldn't want to replace him with someone in the draft unless it was a true blue-chip prospect. And, as it stands, his contract isn't prohibitive if the Raiders want to make another round of big signings this offseason.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

I'm not sure which post to stick this in, so Im just gona say it here.

We need to build this team around Jacobs. I would keep Carr as a game manager sort, but would put my resources into helping our run game. That means draft a wr to help take away 8 man boxes, draft defense, add oline through fa, draft a backup to spell Jacobs so he doesnt break down.

Carr will never be more then what he is. As long as he doesn't think he has to do everything himself then he wont lose us games.

I'm happy that Brown is gone, but it is a shame it did not work out. Adding his talent to Jacobs, the way our O-line has improved and Waller at TE is imo the most you can do on offense when you have an average QB.

Arg. Sorry boys, I admit I was over the top yesterday. I was ragging on Carr hard and a lot of it was unwarranted. I'm still freaking frustrated but I was wrong to call him straight up bad. Realistically you could do a lot worse than Carr.

giphy.gif

A night away from football and getting rid of a 10/10 hangover has chilled me out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Arg. Sorry boys, I admit I was over the top yesterday. I was ragging on Carr hard and a lot of it was unwarranted. I'm still freaking frustrated but I was wrong to call him straight up bad. Realistically you could do a lot worse than Carr.

giphy.gif

A night away from football and getting rid of a 10/10 hangover has chilled me out.

U had thrown a few back ? 🤣 I thought @Totty had but he wasn’t it was you 

15 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I get those wanting to move on from Carr. He continues to make these boneheaded unforced errors at the worst of times and it isn't a good bet that will go away. That said, his fumble and interception, while bad, weren't the reason why this team lost today or the biggest problem with this team overall.

The defense was hilariously bad at all three levels. I think this falls on the feet of Guenther. The defense seemed completely surprised every time there's a play-action boot today and not a soul in the secondary looked like they had played more than a single quarter in the NFL--complete mindlessness.

Back to Carr: I honestly thought he looked really solid outside of the two turnovers and an overthrow to Doss early on. Like others and I have said before, I wouldn't want to replace him with someone in the draft unless it was a true blue-chip prospect. And, as it stands, his contract isn't prohibitive if the Raiders want to make another round of big signings this offseason.

Agree with all of the above, good post.

15 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

This is EXACTLY(+/-)  what I said on a previous page in this thread.  Yesterday, I am not going to lie, I was a little irritated that I got called out for being a Carr homer.  Truth is, I could give to Fs less if they replace him or not, as long as we don't go backwards. I just don't see one or two bonehead mistakes as a reason to move on.  If he was BAD.  Like actually bad, yes.  But the fact remains he was not.  Minus 1 mistake.  I am not and refuse to count the TE getting tripped as 'his fault'.