Bears trade Howard to the Eagles

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Wait, you think Pace could've gotten a higher pick and one in 2019 at that? So what, you think he intentionally took less? For what reason? Ah ha, Pace is trying to sabotage the organization!! I mean, you do know how dumb that sounds, right?

That's nonsensical, and you know it. Pace wanted the deal done NOW, and took the best trade he could get. That was unwise. I doubt it destroys the franchise, or anything...but it wasn't good. 

Just now, WindyCity said:

If he could have he would have gotten a 2019 pick. I love people after a trade that act like the GM didn't even ask for more.

The league told you how they valued Howard.

How will it haunt them?

He'll play really, really in Philadelphia? 

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's nonsensical, and you know it. Pace wanted the deal done NOW, and took the best trade he could get. That was unwise. I doubt it destroys the franchise, or anything...but it wasn't good. 

He'll play really, really in Philadelphia? 

What? Why would Pace be in a rush? You sound nonsensical, and you know it. There are teams that would rather have 5th and 6th round rookie RB's who can actually move who make 25% of what Howard will. I know it's fun to love guys who were good on bad teams, but it's over with. You honestly believe that Pace could've gotten more for him but.. just.. didn't for no reason. Relax.

And yeah, he'll play in Philadelphia alright, to the tune of about 8 carries a game, playing the Blount role.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yeah man, it's better than not using him and getting nothing in return. Plus his salary jumped up to $2M+ this season so we've got even more space now.

Why...wouldn't they "use" him? O.o

And $2 mil is nothing.

I'll bow out on this. Hopefully Pace gets a fine replacement, and all my hand wringing is for not. But I'm not backing of that this was a an absolutely horrible move, and Howard is far from done in this league. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

And $2 mil is nothing.

I'll bow out on this. Hopefully Pace gets a fine replacement, and all my hand wringing is for not. But I'm not backing of that this was a an absolutely horrible move, and Howard is far from done in this league. 

Because he's not a good fit for the offense. I loved the kid, don't get me wrong, but he's just not a fit for what Nagy wants to do.

• According to NFGSIS, the team averaged 4.78 yards per play in the five most frequently used lineups in which Howard was used.
  • In the five most-used lineups that didn’t include Howard, they averaged 6.8 yards per play.
  • The big difference came in the passing game, where they averaged 7 yards per pass play without Howard and 4.92 with him.

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

And $2 mil is nothing.

Because he stinks

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Trading a RB who's going into his final year and who stinks for a 6th round pick is worse than the Glennon signing? White pick? Demps signing? Yeah sure

Umm, yeah, it is. All three of those are bad in hindsight. They made sense at the time. This move doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

No, he doesn't. It would be nice if you were right about that, because then all this would make total sense. Be a cause for celebration, even. 

Really? He doesn't catch the ball well. He doesn't run fast. He doesn't hit the hole with ease. He's gotten worse every year. He's about to want a big contract. The best offer out there was a late round pick in 2020 meaning the entire league knows that he stinks. The Bears were better in 2018 when he was not on the field. It's cool that he runs guys over every now and 7 games but this is 2019, not 1999.

It's pretty apparent. Next

Meh. Liked JHoward but I've accepted that he wasn't a fit for this team anymore under Nagy. He's not a transcending type of player that you keep regardless of scheme so it is what it is. Bears will most likely be better off with a backfield of Davis, Cohen and a rookie. Howard would have just been wasted roster space and the team would have lost him for nothing as a FA in 2020 so with that said I'm ok with this move.

Well.....so much for patience. LOL

A 2019 to fill a pick we don't have we might have used for PK/Gay or an Edge or OL to develop I might have had more peace with.

Ah well, let's hope it turns into a 5th.  Pace did Jordan a favor and we gain another $2 mil of cap.

53 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

No, he doesn't. It would be nice if you were right about that, because then all this would make total sense. Be a cause for celebration, even. 

He produces on bad offenses that just run zone runs over and over again.

That is what John Fox did, it was not dynamic, or creative, and it led to 14 wins in 3 years. But, it did let Howard rack up huge numbers.

This whole situation concerns me. First of all Howard is a mid twenty something year old bell cow running back. For those who want to say he's in decline for the last three years are the same guys that were mad at Fox the unimaginative offense he had and the eight or nine men in a box to stop in the run. 

Does it bother anyone else that PHILLY traded for Howard and not like Baltimore, Buffalo, or any of the other run first type offenses. Just typing this makes me re think the whole hell how statement. My point originally was obviously he's not a fit in ther coach's opinion but the team the runs the EXACT same offense was willing to give up a pick to get him. 

This whole situation screams to me Greg Olsen. Productive player just about the only offensive player the Bears had at one point. New offense comes in and all of a sudden he's not a "fit". The bears trade him for a bag of magic beans and Olsen has possibly a HOF career and couldn't find a decent TE for a decade. I gotta feeling this one is gonna bite the Bears in the end

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Well.....so much for patience. LOL

A 2019 to fill a pick we don't have we might have used for PK/Gay or an Edge or OL to develop I might have had more peace with.

Ah well, let's hope it turns into a 5th.  Pace did Jordan a favor and we gain another $2 mil of cap.

With the two comp picks, this means Pace has 10 picks in next years draft if I count correctly. Maybe its in Pace's plan to use some of those picks this year in trades. I agree with you on drafting the PK, Gay. Kid has big leg and perfect for Soldier Field Winds. 

Archived