Emmanuel Ogbah to be traded

BleedTheClock

11 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Not worried about that either. There are still some decent guys sitting out there if we need to sign someone, and this is a deep draft class for safeties.

No, no need to worry at all.

Lots of options on the table as you mentioned.

26 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Honestly, LGB, I'm more concerned about LB and CB depth.  Wouldn't mind making another move or two to shore those up before the draft.

Fwiw, Murray could also be CB depth in a pinch, as that was his natural possibly in college.

That said, I'm more concerned we have Ward and a bunch of depth but no #2 CB.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Honestly, LGB, I'm more concerned about LB and CB depth.  Wouldn't mind making another move or two to shore those up before the draft.

I’m actually good at LB.  I think we’ll likely see less 3 LB packages than we have and Kirksey, Schobert, Avery, Taylor and Armstrong to go with a rookie I’d imagine.

Id have to imagine they like this CB draft class, because they haven’t done much there yet.

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m actually good at LB.  I think we’ll likely see less 3 LB packages than we have and Kirksey, Schobert, Avery, Taylor and Armstrong to go with a rookie I’d imagine.

Id have to imagine they like this CB draft class, because they haven’t done much there yet.

With cb, we arentnmissing middle of the road guys, we are missing quality and depth. 

Carrie and Mitchell are average. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

With cb, we arentnmissing middle of the road guys, we are missing quality and depth. 

Carrie and Mitchell are average. 

I expect us to grab a CB by round four at the latest, most likely rounds 2 or 3. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Its a weak deaft for corners though.

If Deandre Baker is there at pick 38 or so, I'd love to trade up.

Also, while there aren't many clear number one cornerbacks, we are drafting in a pretty good place to grab value.

Tayne likes all these guys--somewhat on order off the top of the head--as potential CB2s:

(Probably gone in first but could be there for a trade-up in round 2) Deandre Baker, Byron Murphy

Amani Oruwariye, Julian Love, Justin Layne, Lonnie Johnson, Isaiah Johnson, Trayvon Mullen, Kris Boyd, Jamel Dean, Joejuan Williams, Rock Ya Sin, Iman Marshall, Jordan Wyatt. A few of these guys will be there in the third, possibly a few in the fourth. There are also some quality slot guys like Mark Fields.

Because we're running zone, it's a lot easier to draft CBs, being that some would have had to transition to safety or a hybrid position in a man scheme but can still play CB in a zone. That said, it'd be nice to draft a guy who is good at both man and zone so we can maximize hiding what we're doing in the secondary.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Stud and good no 2? 

I'd definitely say we have one of the top 12 CB tandems in the NFL. Just look at the teams in this division even. Baltimore has the NFL's best secondary so kudos to them. The Steelers have putrid CB's. The Bengals have 1 redeeming CB and nothing else.

Pretty much every team has an unproven upside guy as their #2 or a shaky stop-gap veteran manning that spot. Very few teams have great CB depth. While it is certainly something to strive for here in Cleveland, I don't think we should lose sleep over Terrence Mitchell as the #2 CB.

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'd definitely say we have one of the top 12 CB tandems in the NFL. Just look at the teams in this division even. Baltimore has the NFL's best secondary so kudos to them. The Steelers have putrid CB's. The Bengals have 1 redeeming CB and nothing else.

Pretty much every team has an unproven upside guy as their #2 or a shaky stop-gap veteran manning that spot. Very few teams have great CB depth. While it is certainly something to strive for here in Cleveland, I don't think we should lose sleep over Terrence Mitchell as the #2 CB.

You have to 4-5 deep at corner. 1-2 usually go down sometimes 3. We need one kroe solid guy. 

Average players are easy to find. 

Archived