Emmanuel Ogbah to be traded

BleedTheClock

Ogbah super meh.  We can take someone in this DL filled draft to fill his spot on the roster.  Was definitely a looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type of cat.  Don't know much about the S, but I will take him. 

Also...side note

Only 6 players left of Sashi's 24 that he drafted.  Thank you John Dorsey!!!!

17 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Ogbah super meh.  We can take someone in this DL filled draft to fill his spot on the roster.  Was definitely a looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type of cat.  Don't know much about the S, but I will take him. 

Also...side note

I'd say that the coaching had more to do with some of the players not working out than Sashi. Wouldn't trade anything about the first eleven years that I've been a fan of though. It was all worth it for the excitement of right now.

7 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Why wouldn’t Dorsey want to bring in players that he has scouted and knows extensively 

At the expense of getting rid of better or more valuable players. 

Ogbah has more pd than murray, nassib is better than every scrub end Dorsey has brought in. 

Duke is a solid player. 

I'm not saying I dont like Dorsey overall, but there are some movers that are obviously poor. 

After having a few hours to process this trade...

Bad job JD. Fringe roster safety, may as well have cut Ogbah as far as value. Either hold off for a better player/pick or let Ogbah be a part of our DL depth and rotation for a year. 

Just now, NateDawg said:

After having a few hours to process this trade...

Bad job JD. Fringe roster safety, may as well have cut Ogbah as far as value. Either hold off for a better player/pick or let Ogbah be a part of our DL depth and rotation for a year. 

Agreed.

This looks like a move just to make a move.

I’d rather have a mediocre starter/top shelf reserve end who has inside outside versatility than a mediocre safety.

32 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Also...side note

How about the looks like Tarzan can’t crack the game day roster DE Dorsey drafted last April?

So far all 3 of the DE’s Sashi drafted are better than him.

33 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Also...side note

Murray, at a less valuable position, has been worse (from all accounts that I can find) than super meh. His spot also could have been filled by an UDFA, or where you get special team players.

I would have kept Ogbah for depth, (don't see Smith/Thomas as Ogbah's equal) then let him walk in FA next year and maybe get a 6th round comp pick, or in other words, something greater than Murray's value. Maybe there will be more to the trade that will make it better that hasn't been reported yet, like a 4th coming from KC.

39 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

At the expense of getting rid of better or more valuable players. 

Ogbah has more pd than murray, nassib is better than every scrub end Dorsey has brought in. 

Duke is a solid player. 

I'm not saying I dont like Dorsey overall, but there are some movers that are obviously poor. 

This happens every GM change we have.  They get rid of every player except the Joe Thomas, Josh Cribbs, and Myles Garretts of the world.  Every once in a while a solid-good player like Rubin or Dqwell Jackson will hold on through several regimes, but for the most part, your time here has been guaranteed to be over as soon as a new person takes over the roster.  It's one of the most frustrating things about the constant turmoil.

Just y'all wait and see. Murray is going to be a solid rotational piece that we can re-sign affordably. He can play CB or S and is only 25. Watch him thrive in our scheme (while the founder of Wendy's gets 6.5 sacks in a rotational role)

It's a guaranteed part of why Ogbah was traded was because his asking price in an extension is way too high for what our FO thinks of him. In fact, if Dorsey likes him, I'd like to add 2/$5-6 mil onto this year before he plays long enough to demand more (i.e., Randall).

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

This happens every GM change we have.  They get rid of every player except the Joe Thomas, Josh Cribbs, and Myles Garretts of the world.  Every once in a while a solid-good player like Rubin or Dqwell Jackson will hold on through several regimes, but for the most part, your time here has been guaranteed to be over as soon as a new person takes over the roster.  It's one of the most frustrating things about the constant turmoil.

I bet the analytics department is pulling their hair out. 

Ogbah is a better athlete, who was more productive at a more important position.

How to lose a trade 3 ways.

Archived