Andrew Luck's 2017 fantasy outlook

1 minute ago, steadypimpin said:

So what's the consensus on Andrew Luck? What week is he starting? 

He'd have to seriously fall for me to consider taking him. Let's say, best case scenario, he starts Week 2. You'll have to worry for the rest of the year of a hit that puts him out for the season, and it's not like he has a good OLine in front of him. 

On 8/29/2017 at 5:11 PM, steadypimpin said:

So what's the consensus on Andrew Luck? What week is he starting? 

What week is a great question.

As for Luck, I don't love him this year, mainly because the offensive line in Indy isn't good, he's going to get hit a lot and don't know how much of the season he'll be healthy, and not just playing. An 80% healthy Luck isn't bad, but not going to be great.

I'm not drafting him. It's not that I wouldn't draft him if the price is right...but I have price him well below where he is being drafted. Right now he is being drafted around the same range as Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan...which to me is insane. I have him firmly around Stafford/Rivers...in a tier of about 8 other QBs in tier 3. I wouldn't mind tying him to someone else in tier 3 but he's just going way too soon.

He was on the board in the 13th round of a draft I just did.  I felt compelled to take him even though I had just taken Newton in the 10th.  That said, I've moved Hilton, Moncrief, and Doyle all down.  A shoulder issue is something I take very seriously, and I'd be worried if I'm relying on Luck right now.

I'm surprised to see most people so low on Luck right now.  I absolutely love him!  He's had a bad shoulder injury on his throwing arm from the past two years and was still able to be a top 5 QB.  This January he finally had a shoulder surgery to correct his injury.  The recovery time was supposed to be 9 months which should put him at around mid September and he appears to be right on schedule.  I think he's going to be a steal if he starts dropping at all.

I drafted him as my QB2 behind Rivers in the 12 round or so, and I think he'll miss a few games, but won't be anything to worry about.  If it was, they would've kept him on the PUP, so I would say no more than 4 games missed, and he should return to his normal self.

I took Luck in the 11th round I believe.  Figured he'd miss 2-3 weeks at worst.  Sounds like they are going to be careful with him so maybe that translates to 3-4 then.  When he comes back I think he's in for a great year.  

EDIT:  I have Palmer going week 1 in DET (like the matchup).  ARI goes to INDY, home to DAL and home to SF so if Luck misses the first 4 weeks I'm ok with Palmer.

I'm in a ten team league and he went in the 11th in my league. 

Unless I get someone elite like Rodgers or Brady, I'm not taking a QB until at minimum the 9th round. Besides the elite guys, most QBs and TEs are basically the same.

And I hate carrying two QBs or TEs unless I have to. So getting someone inconsistent or injury prone is a no go.

I'm only carrying 2 TEs this year because Gronk is an elite guy who fell to me in the late 3rd and then Hunter Henry fell too. Only issue is they have the same bye. But I'm carrying two TEs more for injury reasons, or if Henry has a good start to his season I can trade Gronk.

Archived