Post Sachi; What has been the biggest move for turning the browns around?

Kiwibrown

Which move?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Most impactful acquitaion to the Browns turn around?

• Drafting Baker
    • Hiring Dorsey
    • Firing Hue/Hayley
    • Trading for Juice
    • Hiring Freddie
  2. 2. Most overrated move

• Hiring Dorsey
    • Drafting Baker
    • Firing Hue
    • Trading for Juice
    • Hiring Freddie

I was torn on the impactful side of this poll. I went with drafting Baker over hiring Dorsey. My reason for that was Baker's obvious production on the field being the main  component to the turnaround. But a team is so much more than a QB. Dorsey is the most competent GM we have ever had. But why I was torn was that I don't think any other GMs would have taken the risk, and put their own jobs on the line, to draft Baker at no.1. Dorsey had the balls and did it.

Overrated - Firing Hue. Hue was such an arrogant tool he gave Dorsey no choice. It was going to happen at some point.

Hiring Dorsey was the biggest positive for me.  Sashi did an insane job of accumulating resources, but it wouldn't have mattered if we squandered them.  Dorsey has crushed it to this point.

Not only has he acquired top NFL level talent, but he seems to have a plan (sounds dumb, but I'm serious).  I love that he's being aggressive but not reckless.  Plus, he listens to the coaches.

Finally, one of the biggest plusses for me was when he hired Freddie.  It showed me that he's willing to NOT do the old crony thing that is so prevalent in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Firing hue. We couldn't win with a  good team with hue. 

If we had the Brady, rice, moss, an oline and prime ap, a defense we could probably go 11-5 with hue and lose in the playoffs. He was awful. 

And Hue’d be at the podium after the game complaining about the team the front office gave him trying to trade all of their future picks to the Steelers for Josh Dobbs.

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

Hiring Dorsey was the biggest positive for me.  Sashi did an insane job of accumulating resources, but it wouldn't have mattered if we squandered them.  Dorsey has crushed it to this point.

Not only has he acquired top NFL level talent, but he seems to have a plan (sounds dumb, but I'm serious).  I love that he's being aggressive but not reckless.  Plus, he listens to the coaches.

My only concern with Dorsey is does he have the abilty to sustain a team and not build one with hella assets?  He left KC in a bit of a cap situation (nothing major, but there were some bad deals) and I just hope he’s able to listen to the business guys and keep a long term vision.

That said, he’s absolutely killed it thus far, even if he’s had every advantage.

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

Finally, one of the biggest plusses for me was when he hired Freddie.  It showed me that he's willing to NOT do the old crony thing that is so prevalent in the NFL.

Agreed.  I was really worried about McCarthy or some other long time pal getting the gig over a guy who clearly earned it with this team.

I voted Dorsey - we went from a GM who tried losing intentionally to a GM who wants and tries to win. Also he drafted Baker and I think most GMs would have taken Rosen or Darnold and f'd up the chance we had.

I voted hiring Freddy for lowest value move because it hasn't done anything yet and coaching is by far my biggest concern for next year.

14 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I voted Dorsey - we went from a GM who tried losing intentionally to a GM who wants and tries to win. Also he drafted Baker and I think most GMs would have taken Rosen or Darnold and f'd up the chance we had.

I voted hiring Freddy for lowest value move because it hasn't done anything yet and coaching is by far my biggest concern for next year.

This is exactly how I feel.

I know people love Freddie, but he is the biggest question make next year.

An element I think gets kind of ignored-

Dorsey keeps Jimmy the hell away from football operations. Dorsey has a track record of success which means Jimmy has no damn reason to be involved. If we kept Sashi, I guarantee Jimmy would have kept poking his head in.

Archived