Post Sachi; What has been the biggest move for turning the browns around?

Kiwibrown

Which move?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Most impactful acquitaion to the Browns turn around?

• Drafting Baker
    • Hiring Dorsey
    • Firing Hue/Hayley
    • Trading for Juice
    • Hiring Freddie
  2. 2. Most overrated move

• Hiring Dorsey
    • Drafting Baker
    • Firing Hue
    • Trading for Juice
    • Hiring Freddie

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So far, so good.

Still not completely sold huh? I get it. I seem to try to talk myself out of him being the next great Brown QB just because it seems so unlikely that we ever would get another one. I look at his flaws and try to compare them to past Cleveland QBs who failed. He has some, it's true. When you look at his strengths though it is almost impossible to see him failing unless a severe injury occurs. If I had to make a choice I'd keep Baker over Chubb, Garrett, OBJ and Freddie right now. All four of them. He is just that important to our future.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Still not completely sold huh? I get it. I seem to try to talk myself out of him being the next great Brown QB just because it seems so unlikely that we ever would get another one. I look at his flaws and try to compare them to past Cleveland QBs who failed. He has some, it's true. When you look at his strengths though it is almost impossible to see him failing unless a severe injury occurs. If I had to make a choice I'd keep Baker over Chubb, Garrett, OBJ and Freddie right now. All four of them. He is just that important to our future.

My confidence in Baker improving is why I felt we’d be a playoff team next year. That was BEFORE free agency.

55 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Individually or collectively?

Collectively. We've had good pass rushers, wide receivers, running backs and potentially coaches in the last 20 years but the only time we've really won was when we had a QB who played well for half of a season. Too precious to give up. Not that we have to, we can keep all of our toys but I'm keeping Stretch Armstrong and you can take the rest if I have to choose.

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

My confidence in Baker improving is why I felt we’d be a playoff team next year. That was BEFORE free agency.

Yeah I was confident in our offense before OBJ and still am. That alone gives us a chance. We'll see how the other side of the ball goes.

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

This right here is why Rosen sucks. Hes not good at placement and accuracy and thats what his games supposed to be. Who do I think BB would trade for? I'm not sure, but if hes chomping at the bits to get Rosen he will have his chance cause the first team that took him is ready to quit on him already.

Josh Allen was a better college player than Rosen was. The excuses you are making for Rosen in the NFL are the same excuses you can make for Allen (but with much more credence) in college cause that team was dog crap wrapped in horse crap. That team lost to a 1-11 team without him playing. Rosens completion % in college was barely better than Allens despite Allen having a historically bad pressure rate of over 40%.

Hahahaha. Oh lawdy. Okay, I think we are at an impasse if you're thinking Allen's career against the Mountain West was better than Rosen in a P5. Good grief. 

28 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Hahahaha. Oh lawdy. Okay, I think we are at an impasse if you're thinking Allen's career against the Mountain West was better than Rosen in a P5. Good grief. 

It's not that we are solely relying on each QB's completion percentage on those different teams in different situations. It's that @DizzyDean's final QB rankings were 1. Baker, 2. Allen. The guy knows QBs. It's as simple as that. Try to keep up.

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's not that we are solely relying on each QB's completion percentage on those different teams in different situations. It's that @DizzyDean's final QB rankings were 1. Baker, 2. Allen. The guy knows QBs. It's as simple as that. Try to keep up.

Yeah he knows qbs like we men in here know women!

And I fell for the bait. I haz sad. 

Oh and completion percentage is one of the dumbest stats to use for accuracy. Completely useless. 

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Bakers functional weaknesses are at worst a b, which is awesome generally for a qb and magnificent for a browns qb. 

His vision of the feild is off at times but usually pretty good.

Accuracy A+

arm strength B+ - A- 

Mobility B

Kessler for on the other hand. 

Accuracy A

Arm strength c

Pulling the trigger D 

Concussability A+

On 4/6/2019 at 8:59 AM, ReggieCamp said:

Hiring Dorsey was the biggest positive for me.  Sashi did an insane job of accumulating resources, but it wouldn't have mattered if we squandered them.  Dorsey has crushed it to this point.

Not only has he acquired top NFL level talent, but he seems to have a plan (sounds dumb, but I'm serious).  I love that he's being aggressive but not reckless.  Plus, he listens to the coaches.

Finally, one of the biggest plusses for me was when he hired Freddie.  It showed me that he's willing to NOT do the old crony thing that is so prevalent in the NFL.

This course of action is consistent with his stated method of scouting players. "Trust what your eyes are seeing" IIRC is what he said. John probably looked at all the plusses and minuses of everyone who had applied for the HC position and based on that evaluation - made his own choice. Isn't it great having a GM that is both talented and confident in his own abilities?

On 4/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, MWil23 said:

Keeping DePo is unbelievably valuable. Dorsey the GM and paired with arguably the greatest analytical numbers guy in sports history is super underrated and a great combination.

I agree a million percent MWill. This is such an under the radar component to our success here. Dorsey's detractors in the national media will often say "Look at the situation he left Kansas City in! It' is just a matter of time before it happens here".

That statement shows how much of an anti-Browns bias they have. Those clowns totally remove the possibility that Dorsey may have actually learned from his "mistakes" in KC. There is also the distinct possibility that John took the hit for the team. He may have been directed by his bosses to do "whatever it takes" to sign these players and damn the consequences.

Having DePo on board is a stroke of genius. Dorsey has shown he is confident in the player he wants - but DePo could counsel him that signing such a player will put us in salary cap jail in a few short years. Maybe go with a shorter term deal, etc. If this franchise would operate like it needs to operate, these two will get together and discuss things. They will RESPECT one another and come to a decision.

No place for arrogant tools like Hue.

Great points, guys.

Archived