Jump to content
Shanedorf

Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah maybe not. I just get the impression from his comment after that he was.  I should have really said I'm pretty sure he's messing with us and not said it like it was for sure. 

It's legit hilarious he'd mess with us like that. What a goof.

Each bracket apparently takes 6 screws, but they usually put in 7-8 on the normal collarbone break. If he really has 13, it means he has a 2nd bracket which would mean a 2nd break. I hope that it's not the case at least lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers and the Packers play it real close to the vest on injuries - they never reveal anything more than necessary and I've read a fair amount of whining from fans here who demand to know more. When Rodgers had a covert surgery on his calf, they kept that completely under wraps as far as the media were concerned and that's the way the Packers/Rodgers prefer to handle it

Rodgers knew exactly what would happen after he announced the "13 screws" on national TV ( during a comedy skit) and the speculation that followed is pretty much what anyone would expect. Maybe he chose 13 to mess with people and maybe because that's how many Championships the Packers currently tout. Could also be the Truth, hiding in plain sight as noted by others. :)

Spriggs and then Murphy will both be set to come off of IR around Thanksgiving while Rodgers is rehabbing; those moves/ non-moves might be more revealing than the jokes on Conan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Spriggs and then Murphy will both be set to come off of IR around Thanksgiving while Rodgers is rehabbing; those moves/ non-moves might be more revealing than the jokes on Conan.

Don't see them using the IR-D on two backup OT.  One of them (Spriggs most likely) seems to get one of the spots.  Until we get close to Rodgers' eligibility to return, we won't really have a good idea who will get that second spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by most recent A.Rodg instagram post, it seems he may have trolled us all, including hashtags "relax" "13screws" "alltrue" among others.

 

Edited by CheeseheadinMA
Can't figure out how to embed instagram posts or if we even can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Rodgers came in at # 1 in ALEX rating for 2017 season per Football Outsiders

"For those new to this metric, it is called Air Less EXpected, or ALEX for short. ALEX measures the average difference between how far a quarterback threw a pass (air yards) and how many yards he needed for a first down. If a quarterback throws a pass to a receiver 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage on third-and-13, then that would be -17 ALEX. The most meaningful ALEX numbers come on third and fourth down, when it's really crucial to get 100 percent of the need yards to extend the drive."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/alex/2018/alex-2017-season-review

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Aaron Rodgers came in at # 1 in ALEX rating for 2017 season per Football Outsiders

"For those new to this metric, it is called Air Less EXpected, or ALEX for short. ALEX measures the average difference between how far a quarterback threw a pass (air yards) and how many yards he needed for a first down. If a quarterback throws a pass to a receiver 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage on third-and-13, then that would be -17 ALEX. The most meaningful ALEX numbers come on third and fourth down, when it's really crucial to get 100 percent of the need yards to extend the drive."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/alex/2018/alex-2017-season-review

-17?

*Edit...BEHIND the LOS...

Edited by incognito_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

-17?

Behind the line of scrimmage, not first down marker, it took me awhile with some head scratching too haha. Weird example, but cool stat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Packerraymond said:

Behind the line of scrimmage, not first down marker, it took me awhile with some head scratching too haha. Weird example, but cool stat!

Ninja quote, I edited literally 20s later ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally, the idea was to penalize the check-down charlies (like Bridgewater) who threw a safe 3 yard pass on 3rd and 10. But the game has evolved and maybe FO needs to as well

It penalizes the WR screens, which are all the rage in the NFL. They may have to revise the formula

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Danica Patrick on the JRE, lady is very into chakra's and spirituality. Hopefully Aaron found her healing stones and her scroll of protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Andrew Brandt at SI last fall:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/06/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-megadeal-contract-richer-than-tom-brady

Matthew’s Megadeal

"In the frenzy of transactions leading into the season that happens every year, there was one contract signing that should make anyone interested in the business of football stand up and take notice.

Matthew Stafford’s new contract establishes new standards for 1) average per year ($27 million); 2) total guarantee ($92 million); 3) guarantee at signing ($60.5 million) and 4) signing bonus ($50 million). And speaking of that eye-popping $50 million signing bonus, its payment terms— $17 million by Sept. 15; $16.5 million by Nov. 15 and $16.5 million by Feb. 15—ensure he has all of it within five months ! The deal locks in a striking $86 million by the beginning of its second year "

 

AR's agent is pasting this blurb to his forehead during negotiations. Ball's balls are gonna be tested...and Das Gute has a chance to notch a big win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

The Lions are never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever winning anything important paying an average QB that much money.  26, 30, 30, 30 cap hits the next four years.  If we're paying Rodgers appropriate comparison kinds of cap hits, we won't be winning anything either.  Brady's next two cap hits are 14 million and 22 million and even the Patriots are low on defensive talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Aaron about to get a 100% fully guaranteed QB contract?

Smith is guaranteed 75% or around there on his new deal with Washington. Cousins is going to get a big deal in FA, Garoppolo is going to get a big deal even with his very small QB sample size. Matt Ryan also looking for a new deal soon.

Schefter reported in December that Rodgers is seen as the next priority for Green Bay and that a deal is likely to come this offseason. 

Whatever percentage of guaranteed money he gets its going to be huge.

Edited by jontat83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jontat83 said:

Is Aaron about to get a 100% fully guaranteed QB contract?

Smith is guaranteed 75% or around there on his new deal with Washington. Cousins is going to get a big deal in FA, Garoppolo is going to get a big deal even with his very small QB sample size. Matt Ryan also looking for a new deal soon.

Schefter reported in December that Rodgers is seen as the next priority for Green Bay and that a deal is likely to come this offseason. 

Whatever percentage of guaranteed money he gets its going to be huge.

It might leave a very small margin to be able to sign much in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jontat83 said:

Is Aaron about to get a 100% fully guaranteed QB contract?

Smith is guaranteed 75% or around there on his new deal with Washington. Cousins is going to get a big deal in FA, Garoppolo is going to get a big deal even with his very small QB sample size. Matt Ryan also looking for a new deal soon.

Schefter reported in December that Rodgers is seen as the next priority for Green Bay and that a deal is likely to come this offseason. 

Whatever percentage of guaranteed money he gets its going to be huge.

Like I said earlier, I'd try to save money on a per year basis by offering him the league's first ever fully guaranteed deal. I'd offer to tear up the last two years on his deal and sign him to something like 100/4 fully guaranteed. 25 per year is saving you probably 4-5m a year on what he could get. However he'd break the record for most guaranteed money and be known as the first ever NFL player with a fully guaranteed deal. Worth a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×