Matt Ioannidis Extended (3 year, $21.75M)

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Probably removes any thought to D-Line in the first round. 

Sure as hell hope so. The only way I thought they’d go DL in round 1 or 2 was if they were thinking of drafting a DL in round 1 or 2 and then having Ioannidis walk next year and getting a comp pick back for him in 2021.

What a great draft pick by Jay Gruden! Jay was the one who wanted the Big Greek after coaching him at the Senior Bowl! Bravo Jay, Bravo 👏

That is a very good deal. 

Teams need to have an identity. The Redskins haven’t had an identity, on either side of the ball, in a long long time. There’s just too much turnover, in terms of both personnel and philosophy. 

They now have Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, and Settle locked up for the next 3 seasons. There’s the core of your identity on defense. A young, relentless DL that can hold up against the run and get after the passer. You can build on that, but that’s going to be the foundation. It’s exciting, especially because they’ll only get more productive with more help around them in the front 7 — better ILBs to fill gaps and cover the quick outlet passes that get QBs out of trouble, and a better pass-rusher on the right side to create a constant threat. 

Love the deal!!! He very much is still improving with the fact this defense is getting more talented. Just beating the dead horse this actually makes me hopeful that baring a QB falling they don’t expect I very much think our top pick could be on the defensive side. I don’t think defense is going to be the primary focus throughout but I think the FO is serious about improving the defense

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s right. I gotta tip my cap to Bruce and Eric on this one. Good job by them.

They did this because they know the majority of fans are gonna be mad they did all this work looking at QB’s and we don’t pick or trade for one lol

44 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They did this because they know the majority of fans are gonna be mad they did all this work looking at QB’s and we don’t pick or trade for one lol

I'm by no means a Bruce Allen apologist, but when they make a good move, they should get kudos for making a good move.

The QB is independent of this.

Archived