2019 Schedule

OrangeNBlue86

I went through an optimistic lens and got us to 9-7, pessimistic 6-10. 

Then I realized this year we really have no idea what we are going to get with a new HC and QB. So while I expect us to fall in the 6-9 win (nice) range, I would not be surprised if we were a wild card contender in the second half of the season.

• Like 1

I think the schedule is pretty god overall. A lot of fans complaining on Twitter about the lack of primetime games, but when you pick Top 10 and frankly don't have an exciting team, you can'rt expect much more than what we got.

That said, I think Denver will ultimately benefit from this schedule. They have a late bye (Week 10), and a Thursday game relatively early in the season which serves as a nice 2nd bye week early on. They play GB in September. They finish with back to back home games.

The toughest part of the schedule are the 4/5 weeks with 1pm EST start times. At the same time, it;s very possible Denver requested, and was granted, the ability to have those games clustered together for travel purposes. The MIN/BUF games in particular seem good because Denver can stay on the east coast and not need to travel back and forth across the country.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I just looked at the preseason schedule on ESPN. It shows us playing 5 preseason games and 3 in 11 days.

If thats true its crazy. 

I think that’s pretty normal for the teams that play the hall of fame game. Gives lock some extra game reps. 

Yeh, I bet playing the Hall of Fame game is actually a really useful selling point for UDFA's, in that they are the ones who are going to be playing big minutes in that game.

I am one of the few weirdos who really likes preseason, so I am stoked we're playing an extra game.

12 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Yeh, I bet playing the Hall of Fame game is actually a really useful selling point for UDFA's, in that they are the ones who are going to be playing big minutes in that game.

I am one of the few weirdos who really likes preseason, so I am stoked we're playing an extra game.

Extra days of OTAs + extra camp time and an extra preseason game will give coaches a lot of opportunities to evaluate the roster. Exciting to have some coaches we can trust to develop young players again. 

7 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Extra days of OTAs + extra camp time and an extra preseason game will give coaches a lot of opportunities to evaluate the roster. Exciting to have some coaches we can trust to develop young players again. 

Couldn't agree more. I haven't been this excited since 95. This year reminds me of that in a lot of ways. .

I think if we manages to get a.500 season we should be happy with that.

We are building a team and have a transition QB with a (hopefully this time) future franchise QB in waiting. 

The Chiefs and the Chargers are the two best teams in the division currently (maybe in the AFC in general). If we can compete in the games with them and show we are making progress that's something we can build on going into the future.