2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

I actually liked some of what Jonnu Smith showed last year. This titansized page graded him as a bad pick and said he was a horrendous blocker, but I think he performed decent for a 3rd round rookie behind Walker. I think if he's allowed enough time behind Walker he can be a solid player.

45 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I actually liked some of what Jonnu Smith showed last year. This titansized page graded him as a bad pick and said he was a horrendous blocker, but I think he performed decent for a 3rd round rookie behind Walker. I think if he's allowed enough time behind Walker he can be a solid player.

I actually thinks he’s going to end up better than walker. The kid wants to be great, he’s battled a lot of adversity & a offseason under our strength & conditioning program is big for him, adoree. & Corey. 

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I actually thinks he’s going to end up better than walker. The kid wants to be great, he’s battled a lot of adversity & a offseason under our strength & conditioning program is big for him, adoree. & Corey. 

To say he's going to be better than a multi pro bowler who is generally considered a top 3 TE in the NFL is a bit of a leap at this point in his career.

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

To say he's going to be better than a multi pro bowler who is generally considered a top 3 TE in the NFL is a bit of a leap at this point in his career.

Which is why I said I think, not I know. He reminds me of delanie & delanie career didn’t take off till he got wit us, but he learned from Vernon Davis & great coaching. I remember delanie said during an interview that Jonnu has it, he’s coachable he wants to be great & jonnu told him he wants to be better than him & delanie said he’s going to be better than him. Which showed me they have a bond like a student mentor thing 

Jonnu can be a good TE if he continues to improve in his blocking. He made a big jump from FIU to the NFL and he was a very raw prospect. Having said that, I don’t think he’ll be anywhere close to Delanie. Even at this point in his career, he’s an underrated player. I still see people saying he’s not a top 3 TE which is bs. Interested to see how he finishes his career and how he does in LaFleur’s offense.

33 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Jonnu can be a good TE if he continues to improve in his blocking. He made a big jump from FIU to the NFL and he was a very raw prospect. Having said that, I don’t think he’ll be anywhere close to Delanie. Even at this point in his career, he’s an underrated player. I still see people saying he’s not a top 3 TE which is bs. Interested to see how he finishes his career and how he does in LaFleur’s offense.

We’ll see I think he can, delanie wasn’t a top 5 TE before he got here, but he put it together, jonnu has the skillset & the makings of a complete TE.. give him time 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, they also talked about how Justin Hunter was going to be a beast in the league. Teammates and coaches say that far more often than it pans out. All he's shown at this point is he has the athleticism needed to be great at the position, but he's got a long way to go before he should be giving us hope that he's going to put that together into becoming one of the best TEs in the NFL. Right now he's below average as a #1 TE. He has to develop a lot of things.

• 2 weeks later...

Quickly becoming a fan of Taven Bryan. Insane get off and very athletic for an interior DL. The motor never stops. Raw prospect and isn’t a finished product by any stretch but the potential is there. Had a really good season last year and decided to leave early. Only started for one year so the questions are there. I’ve seen him projected anywhere from late 2nd to even 25th. I have feeling he’ll dominate the combine and blow up even more. Definitely has the background Robinson and Vrabel preach.

Tegray Scales from Indiana is becoming one of my biggest draft crushes. He's a great coverage Linebacker that has seemingly been overlooked quite a bit. He'd probably be my favorite in the 3rd-4th round. He's really a complete linebacker. Plays well in run support, but I really fell in love with his coverage ability. Watching him reminded me of how I felt about Myles Jack coming out. A versatile linebacker that you can use to cover RBs, TEs, or slot WRs. That's a really rare skill set for a linebacker, and if you can add a guy like that in the 3rd-4th round, sign me up. The linebacker that's strictly a "thumper" is becoming extinct throughout the league. The best defenses are the teams that have those athletic linebackers that can run and cover sideline to sideline. Tegray Scales can do that, and I think could be a real steal in the middle rounds.

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Quickly becoming a fan of Taven Bryan. Insane get off and very athletic for an interior DL. The motor never stops. Raw prospect and isn’t a finished product by any stretch but the potential is there. Had a really good season last year and decided to leave early. Only started for one year so the questions are there. I’ve seen him projected anywhere from late 2nd to even 25th. I have feeling he’ll dominate the combine and blow up even more. Definitely has the background Robinson and Vrabel preach.

I am a gator fan & he’s been hyped up to be a raw 5 tech DE wit JJ Watt potential. Based on us not being lucky wit Dodd so far I’m on the fense on drafting raw talent in the 1st 2rounds of the draft, though I wouldn’t hate the pick. My draft crush is Ronnie Robinson I’m intrigued with this physical specimen & how he can help our defense become elite. He’s 6’3 can run has ball skills not as fluid but he has side line to side line speed, & played in a complex NFL type defense. He played in the box near the line of scrimmage he played single high safety, good at covering TE’s. I can see him & byard becoming the earl Thomas, kam chancellor tandem for us. I want us going defense 1st 2 rounds LB & secondary. 

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

@ttitansfan4life, you're going to have to give me a little breakdown on Walton. From the little I've seen and read of him,I feel he and Nyheim Hines are the ideal mid-round, complement back to Henry.

Great kid who was a leader for the Miami team. Coming off a season ending ankle injury that cost him most of the year last year. I’d say average vision and not exactly a burner. However, he has a damn good jump-cut. He’s a very good receiving back usually squares up in pass-protection. His speed isn’t great but he’s pretty quick. I’d say he’ll likely run in 4.5s. My biggest issue with him was always trusting his blocking. However, Miami’s OL the past few years has been garbage to below average. If Mark is available at the end of the 4th and we still haven’t taken a RB, he’d be ideal selection. Might even think about it at the end of the 3rd as well.

Archived