2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

On 3/2/2018 at 2:31 PM, TitanSlim said:

To continue the Dion Lewis/James White comparisons, they both ran a 4.57, while Walton's official is a 4.60.

Would rather save the draft pick and get FA Jerick McKinnon.  His combine results:

• 40 YARD DASH: 4.41 SEC
  • BENCH PRESS: 32 REPS
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 40.5 INCH
  • BROAD JUMP: 132.0 INCH
  • 3 CONE DRILL: 6.83 SEC
  • 20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.12 SEC

2 hours ago, Ockham said:

Would rather save the draft pick and get FA Jerick McKinnon.  His combine results:

Yeah, McKinnon has been at the top of my FA target list. I just think another team may offer him more money or a better chance to be a starter than we do.

And Vander Esch would be a nice consolation prize for Edmunds. I've seen Brian Urlacher comparisons for Edmunds, but Vander Esch is also eerie similar with Urlacher based off their measurables and combine results.

Saw some breakdown clips of Richie James, and damn, I like him. Local kid from MTSU, already said he looks up to Byard and has a visit scheduled, maybe Robinson's guy that got him into Byard will do his job again. Quick, has some speed to take the top off, looks like a pretty sharp route runner and perhaps the most impressing thing about him is that his catching radius seems much bigger than his frame would suggest. For that slot/gadget role, as a mid round pick, I think his name belongs in the mix.

8 hours ago, vikes635 said:

If i could make a trade to move up and draft Bradley Chubb would he fit the defensive scheme in Tennessee? 

My gut says yes because our New Coach is preaching player over plays, meaning don’t force a player to fit in your scheme build your scheme around his skill set & along the way develop his weakness into strengths if you can. Vrabel coached Clowney in in HOU & Clowney played every where on the field, from LB to DE to inside DT. 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:35 PM, Ockham said:

McKinnon is saying he wants to be a feature back 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

McKinnon is saying he wants to be a feature back 

And I'm sure wants to be paid $6-8 Million a year. That's Demarco money. That's feature back money. An 4th round draft pick on a RB would be a better investment. I trust Robinson to find a guy to fit that role, to compliment Henry as the Feature. Also we do have Muhammad and Fluellen.  Not two backs to bank on but capable guys maybe? At least Flu has shown ability to play in the league.

Archived