2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I feel the same way about Harold Landry. He was thought to be a potential top 10 pick but battled injuries all year. I'm seeing a lot of mock drafts with us selecting him at 25. I think he'd thrive as our 3rd pass rusher and would be a major steal.

Agreed. I still think if he blows up the combine, he’ll be a top 15 pick unfortunately.

18 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Agreed. I still think if he blows up the combine, he’ll be a top 15 pick unfortunately.

Yup, I fully expect him to have a nice combine and get out of our range.

With us having Vrabel and his OSU connections, I'm expecting Sam Hubbard to be one of the top guys on our draft boards.

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I feel the same way about Harold Landry. He was thought to be a potential top 10 pick but battled injuries all year. I'm seeing a lot of mock drafts with us selecting him at 25. I think he'd thrive as our 3rd pass rusher and would be a major steal.

I like Landry too. The main thing for him is he really needs to get stronger and work on setting the edge at the point of attack in the run game. He gets thrown off the ball a lot and misses too many tackles right now, but I love what he brings as a pass rusher. He has great bend around the edge, and I think a year learning under Rak and Morgan as our third rusher could really do wonders for him. He wouldn't have to be "the guy" right away, and he could really focus on getting stronger.

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I like Landry too. The main thing for him is he really needs to get stronger and work on setting the edge at the point of attack in the run game. He gets thrown off the ball a lot and misses too many tackles right now, but I love what he brings as a pass rusher. He has great bend around the edge, and I think a year learning under Rak and Morgan as our third rusher could really do wonders for him. He wouldn't have to be "the guy" right away, and he could really focus on getting stronger.

Exactly how I feel. He spends a year as a 3rd down rush guy while learning from two vets in Morgan and Orakpo. His burst and bend is what I really like about him. Plus he’s been very productive. Plus maybe Vrabel might get some background on him since he knows the HC and his son will be going to BC. He’s my top candidate for 25 right now. Sadly, I just don’t see him being there come draft time.

Matt Miller posted a 7 round mock today....

1st - Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College

2nd - Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

3rd - Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State

4th - Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M

5th - Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon

6th - Kylie Fitts, OLB, Utah

7th - Kentavius Street, DE, NC State

Damn good draft IMO. Get two first round talents in Alexander and Landry. It’s a defensive heavy draft which is what this team needs.  I could see Street developing into a 5-Tech. He’s about 280-285 so a little light. Also like Watts in the 4th as a rotational safety. Only pick I’m iffy on is Gallup but that’s because I don’t want to draft another receiver. If we target a receiver, I want it to be in FA.

My mock draft I’ll be posting soon including FA acquisitions 

1st Rd Ronnie Harrison Safety(Alabama) 6’3 215lb safety that can fly around the field, play in space, has ball skills. Alabama played him single high a lot & matched Minkah in the slot, & also matched him against opponents TE’s

2nd Darrius Leonard ILB (S.Carolina). Reminds me of Jammie Collins but better in coverage.Side line to side line speed can blitz & tackling machine 

3rd Frank Ragnow G/C (Arkansas) a technician can play both guard & center & plays nasty.

4th Nyheim Hines RB (NC ST) very versatile weapon in the backfield, has some Deion Lewis to him, is dynamite in space, can KR line out wide catch out the backfield.

6th rd Eddy Pinero kicker  (Florida) ??‍♂️ Has a very strong leg YouTube videos of him kicking from 70 plus yards. stash him on the practice squad for a year I guess. Succop is money I say 40-50 yards out but his leg strength isn’t getting stronger 

Have us trading a 5th round pick to Buffalo for Cordy Glenn, Buffalo is trying to cut cap space. Glenn is a elite T/G when healthy, 3yrs 24 mill left on his deal I think a 5th round is worth it. Give us some beef in the middle, & Conklin insurance.. ? wonder what y’all think #TitanUp

2 hours ago, Overwhelming Underdog said:

I think Ragnow could end up going higher than this. Potentially the best interior lineman in the draft but was injured the last several games so he fell off the map a little bit. Love that guy. 

Me too he’s a dog reminds me of Lewan far as playing mentality 

If Tremaine Edmunds somehow fell past 15, I would be looking to trade up for him. He's my favorite player in the draft.

Every mock has him going 9th to the 49ers. A front seven with Reuben Foster, Tremaine Edmunds, and Solomon Thomas.  ?

8 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Seen two mock drafts (one by McShay, one by Daniel Jeremiah/Bucky Brooks) that had us taking a TE at 25.

I can't express enough how much I would hate that.

Where is the Jeremiah/Brooks one? Jeremiah's last mock has us with a C and Brooks has us with an EDGE.

Archived