2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Great kid who was a leader for the Miami team. Coming off a season ending ankle injury that cost him most of the year last year. I’d say average vision and not exactly a burner. However, he has a damn good jump-cut. He’s a very good receiving back usually squares up in pass-protection. His speed isn’t great but he’s pretty quick. I’d say he’ll likely run in 4.5s. My biggest issue with him was always trusting his blocking. However, Miami’s OL the past few years has been garbage to below average. If Mark is available at the end of the 4th and we still haven’t taken a RB, he’d be ideal selection. Might even think about it at the end of the 3rd as well.

'Prieciate the response.

And yeah, the 4th round is exactly where I was hoping to target him. Seen comparisons to James White and Dion Lewis, which is the exact type of RB we need.

Billy Price tore his pec during bench press today. I wouldn't be surprised if they address the center position this offseason, whether its a free agent (Rams center John Sullivan is a free agent) or a higher than expected draft pick. James Daniels of Iowa is more of a fit to the zone style we're transitioning to, but i wonder if the OSU connections cause us to take a flyer on Price despite the injuries and stash him for a year take over in 2019.

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

To continue the Dion Lewis/James White comparisons, they both ran a 4.57, while Walton's official is a 4.60.

Yea with these type of backs I really only hope for them to be quick in a phone booth. That long speed is a much valued plus, but more valuable to me is the ability to catch a check down and make someone miss in space to pick up extra yardage.  Are they a good enough three way option as a runner and receiver ,and blocker to be an advantage on 3rd down and situational packages.

So I've been reading and watching Leighton Van Esch, and he may have leaped into the top spot for player I want most at 25. Big, fast, instictive, and versatile. All attributes that Robinson/Vrabel said they look for in players. Can't wait to see how he performs on the field tomorrow.

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

So I've been reading and watching Leighton Van Esch, and he may have leaped into the top spot for player I want most at 25. Big, fast, instictive, and versatile. All attributes that Robinson/Vrabel said they look for in players. Can't wait to see how he performs on the field tomorrow.

Yep... I'm afraid he's gonna go higher though. I see Urlacher when I see him... 

He's surpassed Guice as my favorite potential target at 25.

39 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yep... I'm afraid he's gonna go higher though. I see Urlacher when I see him... 

He's surpassed Guice as my favorite potential target at 25.

I guess if I'm going to boost a player I should get his name right. It's Vander Esch.

My hope is that because ILB has been devalued a bit by some, one of Smith/Edmonds/Vander Esch is slips to 25. I think all of them could turn out to be great players.

Rashaan Evans isn't too shabby either.

If you listen to Jon Robinson he said he will be aggressive in the draft if it’s a player sitting there that we want. My draft dream player is Roquan Smith but if we stay at 25 I want Ronnie Harrison his skill set & size intrigues me pairing him up wit byard ?

This kid Shaquem Griffin Is impressing me right now. Gotta wait for the field drills but the measurable's are there.  6 Foot 1, 230 and is fast enough to keep up with TEs and RBs in coverage. I thought he could be had late in the draft like round 5-6 but he may push himself into the late 2nd early 3rd If he's there late in the 3rd what would you do?

3 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

This kid Shaquem Griffin Is impressing me right now. Gotta wait for the field drills but the measurable's are there.  6 Foot 1, 230 and is fast enough to keep up with LBs and RBs in coverage. I thought he could be had late in the draft like round 5-6 but he may push himself into the late 2nd early 3rd If he's there late in the 3rd what would you do?

Before the combine I liked him around the middle of the 4th. The Auburn game was crazy. He played all 90 snaps and towards the end of the game still was flying around the ball. His story obviously is his one hand but he’s a pretty good player. I’d have no issue taking him at the end of the 3rd. This ILB is absolutely loaded. Smith, Edmunds, Vander Esch, Thomas, Victor, etc. 

Archived