2017 College Football/2018 Draft Prospect Thread

TitanSlim

One guy who I think fits this team so well and is a need is Jaylen Samuels. Talk about a guy that does A LOT. He’s a RB but receiving is his natural ability. He’s lined up in the backfield, TE, slot, out wide, and plays special teams. I watched about 4-5 NC State games this year(mainly because I loved watching Bradley Chubb) and Samuels always stood out on offense. If they needed the big play, he was the guy. Nice RB option I’d like to snag in the mid-rounds if we don’t go the FA route.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

One guy who I think fits this team so well and is a need is Jaylen Samuels. Talk about a guy that does A LOT. He’s a RB but receiving is his natural ability. He’s lined up in the backfield, TE, slot, out wide, and plays special teams. I watched about 4-5 NC State games this year(mainly because I loved watching Bradley Chubb) and Samuels always stood out on offense. If they needed the big play, he was the guy. Nice RB option I’d like to snag in the mid-rounds if we don’t go the FA route.

Yes!!!

Like you said, he lined up all over that offense and was effective wherever he played. The definition of a swiss army knife offensively. His versatility should be very intriguing for Vrabel and Robinson.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I just started looking at film on him and he definitely fits the versatile role that Vrabel was talking about. I don’t think he’s as explosive as ppl would like for a change of pace back but I think he would be chess piece and a mis match if used right

47 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'm not sure i see it with samuels. when i watch him he doesn't look especially fast, nor does he look especially shifty. a lot of those arm tackles he runs through won't be arm tackles at the next level.

I don't think anyone is looking at him as a guy who's going to break tackles and get yards after first contact, but as a guy who can still run inside, catch it out of the backfield, or even line up in the slot as a viable receiver.

49 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't think anyone is looking at him as a guy who's going to break tackles and get yards after first contact, but as a guy who can still run inside, catch it out of the backfield, or even line up in the slot as a viable receiver.

Yep. He’s not going to be the primary RB. He’s not a blazing speed guy either but he doesn’t have to be. I think he is elusive and he’s a terrific receiving RB who adds value on special teams.

It's weird year for me with the Senior Bowl.  
We have some positions we could upgrade, but not really one we NEED, if that makes sense.  We could really just take the best player.  We NEED depth at all positions and could stand to upgrade some others.  

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Depending on who we retain we could have some pretty clear needs. If Williamson is gone we have to replacd him. Brown can't take his role in the run game. 3rd CB is basically a starter and we need one. Edge rusher, SS, OG, RB

Yeah. I guess no needs is extreme. I guess the last few years we been picking in top 10 or so. Not used to being this low and a lot more unpredictable with who is going to be there. 

It's different from previous years where we HAD to get a QB. Or we must get a WR in the 1st.  
You listed several positions where we could use some help, making it more unpredictable which direction we go. 

I guy I’m really starting to like if he’s there when we pick at 25 is Alabama safety Ronnie Harrison, with right coaching I think he’s special he’s sloppy finishing plays far as wrapping up & his back pedal, but that’s what coaching is for. He’s 6’3 with ball skills can plays good in space & can cover ground, Alabama used him to cover opponents TE’s & player him deep & moved Fitzpatrick to the slot. Pair him with Byard & we may be looking at Earl Thomas & Kam Chancellor. ??

Jaire Alexander could potentially be the best CB in the class and fall to us at 25 because of his injuries this year. I feel like purely from a talent standpoint he's one of the best, and I thought he could potentially be a top 10 pick heading into the season. After a season where he battled injuries all year, he's going to fall down boards, and he'll have the dreaded injury tag by his name. I think he could be a pretty big steal at 25 if the medical checks out.

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

Jaire Alexander could potentially be the best CB in the class and fall to us at 25 because of his injuries this year. I feel like purely from a talent standpoint he's one of the best, and I thought he could potentially be a top 10 pick heading into the season. After a season where he battled injuries all year, he's going to fall down boards, and he'll have the dreaded injury tag by his name. I think he could be a pretty big steal at 25 if the medical checks out.

I feel the same way about Harold Landry. He was thought to be a potential top 10 pick but battled injuries all year. I'm seeing a lot of mock drafts with us selecting him at 25. I think he'd thrive as our 3rd pass rusher and would be a major steal.

Archived