2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

Just now, CWood21 said:

I didn't say it was his best fit, but he's capable of playing it and not be a total liability (I'm looking at you HHCD).  We're probably going to see a LOT of 3 safety looks.  Savage single high, Amos in the middle, and Josh Jones as that hybrid S/LB type.

As a Bears fan who was always a fan of Amos I can honestly say he can't play FS...we only got the best out of him when we finally moved him to SS and got a stud in Jackson playing over the top of him to cover his deficiencies.  

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

As a Bears fan who was always a fan of Amos I can honestly say he can't play FS...we only got the best out of him when we finally moved him to SS and got a stud in Jackson playing over the top of him to cover his deficiencies.  

Yeah honestly I get supporting every signing and draft selection and being a homer but if you think Amos can play FS...yikes...

Man I  hope Sanders falls into that  range where  we can afford to  move up and get  him  ...  

We need to find  2 starters  with upside (BPA)  

....and then get our top choice  at K  

Call it a draft :D

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Go look at the FA corners available in FA, and tell me how many of them were worth the contract their teams paid for?  You don't sign DBs, you draft them.  Because once their legs go, they're done.  The 2015 draft was an abomination, but beyond that their drafts have been good.  They have to starting corners (Kevin King and Jaire Alexander), and another DB (Josh Jackson) whose jury is still out on him.  That's not a waste of resources.

Unless they come from a division rival? Green Bay tried to pay Kyle Fuller and succeeded in backing up the Brinks truck for Adrian Amos. 

With the amount of draft picks + free agency money spent on the Packers defensive secondary, you have to concede that it is a considerable amount of resources spent for a unit that ranks in the back half of the league. 

Anyway, excited to have my own draft picks to illogically defend after tonight!

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Might want to adjust your rankings.  He's in the mix for top safeties.  For me, it was essentially him, Nasir Adderly, and Courtney Gardner-Johnson.  Clearly, Savage was their top ranked safety and they felt strongly enough about him to move up for him.  If he were a couple of inches taller and a few pounds heavier, we'd be talking about a top 10 pick.  The kid is a stud.  As for how to play them, they're both interchangeable.  Both can play single high or they can play in the box.

Wait what? Amos will get DESTROYED playing single high. He absolutely does not have the skill set there. There’s a reason Amos only became somewhat relevant when he got paired next to a top 3 S in the league. 

3 minutes ago, ba_ba_ba_BOOM said:

Anyway, excited to have my own draft picks to illogically defend after tonight!

It's strange but I find when your team is either really really bad...or really really good you don't seem to hate picks so much...when your a middle of the road team I find I get more annoyed...

Very few guys we could pick tonight who I wouldn't understand on some level and hate...Singletary is the only guy who springs to mind.

1 minute ago, pigsooie5 said:

I know everyone is pigeonholed 87 for a RB but with this DB/OL talent still out there, I’d be A. Pissed and B. Surprised if Pace went RB at 87. Regardless of Henderson/Sanders/Montgomery 

I just don't see the need for a 3rd round RB when you have Davis, Cohen & Patterson...plus Spencer Ware still an FA...TE, IOL, OLB, DB...or insanely quick WR/weapon like Hardman all come higher on my list.

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It's strange but I find when your team is either really really bad...or really really good you don't seem to hate picks so much...when your a middle of the road team I find I get more annoyed...

Very few guys we could pick tonight who I wouldn't understand on some level and hate...Singletary is the only guy who springs to mind.

LOL.  I hear you.  I have come around on Singletary.  Guy is intriguing.  Real boom or bust prospect.  Probably closer to bust, but his running style is really unique.  Can't really compare him to anyone.

12 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

I know everyone is pigeonholed 87 for a RB but with this DB/OL talent still out there, I’d be A. Pissed and B. Surprised if Pace went RB at 87. Regardless of Henderson/Sanders/Montgomery 

I think a lot of people will flip and be angry if Bears don't take a RB at 87.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.  I have come around on Singletary too.  Guy is intriguing.  Real boom or bust prospect.  Probably closer to bust, but his running style is really unique.  Can't really compare him to anyone.

He just reminds me too much of Garrett Wolfe...small and not very quick one man offence with tons of wear and tear...I do like his toughness and balance but in the NFL where every defender is huge and fast I just don't see the value.

Just now, dll2000 said:

I think a lot of people will flip and be angry if Bears don't take a RB at 87.

Especially if their personal favorite is on the board.   I think they wait and take one later.  But I won't really get angry with any pick.

Just now, dll2000 said:

Especially if their personal favorite is on the board.   I think they wait and take one later.  But I won't really get angry with any pick.

Given how good Pace has been in the mid rounds I am not sure we would have much of a right to be angry either way 😂

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

He just reminds me too much of Garrett Wolfe...small and not very quick with tons of wear and tear...I do like his toughness and balance but in the NFL where every defender is huge and fast I just don't see the value.

I think he is facing long odds, but he has this kind of roundness to his game.  It's like tackling a large ball.  You just kind of slide off him.  He isn't easy to bring down, get a good hit on or get a grip on.

Best success will be DBs just taking him out low like they do.  The 1st level guys will find him difficult I think.  

Archived